Thread: DIY SNES 240p to hdmi mod cable

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default DIY SNES 240p to hdmi mod cable

I'm making a SNES component to hdmi mod using a wii2hdmi converter to convert the component signal from my original snes & was wondering if the adapter\converter it's the black one that reviews say it handles 240p on virtual console games on the wii running in 480i mode. So I wanted to know if the adapter would work or if I wasted $7 on it?
    I'm asking cause I bought 3 in case one of these chinese products were a dud like in youtube wii2hdmi to xbox2hdmi vid, they all work & plan on making a ps2-xbox hd cable just wanted to know if it handles 240p, see if that removes the vertical lines problem I've been having that makes any Text on screen just colored blocks.
    So any help is welcomed. Also wondering what the 5 volts on consoles is for.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Welp after testing the black wii2hdmi adapter does not output 240p over hdmi. and for those who remember my question about strange vertical black lines or white lines in snes video, after doing the yprpb mod the lines are still there over component video. So does that mean my sns-c ba6459f video chip is damaged and if so anywhere to get new chips or is a new snes my only option to get clear pictures out of snes?
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.