Thread: Street Fighter II Alpha/Street Fighter 0 Two Rom

FlameDangerJame Guest

Default Street Fighter II Alpha/Street Fighter 0 Two Rom

Actually Im trying the final burn program but every time I try to load a game it says "couldnt open rom street/fighter" could you help? I have windows 2000

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Um, my best bet would be that you don't have the complete rom for that particular game...

Thanks
    EP Points

possibly, with arcade roms, they have multiple files with in them, if one of them was corrupted somehow- the game won't work. Also make sure the game is in your roms folder for FB Alpha, you may also want to consider downloading mame32k it is much better, you can play more than just capcom games. And tailor it to your needs much more. also post exactly the error message, I use to play all of those street fighter and marvel games online all the time so I should be able to help you out!!!

FlameDangerJame Guest

Thanks for the help, well you said I didn't have te full rom but I do.. for example if I click street fighter it says "couldn't open roms\sfa2.zip" "there was an error starting street fighter II Alpha"

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you have the rom named exactly how final burn wants it?

Do you have it named sfa2 for example, if you don't and that is what name it was looking for, it wouldn't be able to find it and hence the error.

FlameDangerJame Guest

Aaaah I see..thanks alot I appreciate it!

FlameDangerJame Guest

No it still doesn't work, I really need step by step instructions.

FlameDangerJame Guest

Ok it says it wants the Japan version of the game (some combination of numbers) and I have that but it still says it cannot be found..help?

Thanks
    EP Points

ok crate a special folder just for that game put the game in. Then goto rom directories within the program and set one of the options to that folder, should be under misc. => rom directories.
    unzip the rom there. Then goto load it and see what happens. leave all your graphics settings on default, and turn the sound off. don't worry about controls for now, as you have to get the game working first, just make sure you know what the coin and 1stplayer buttons are. The japanese thing was the version, and theres always a parent version for the rom, umm I'll explain that better later. I'll also have a look at my copy as it has been awhile.