Page 209 of 268 FirstFirst ... 109159199204205206207208209210211212213214219259 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4007

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Bah, hit a thrift store and randomly spotted a MGD2 sitting there for $20 (might be worth 10x that, dunno). But, it had no connectors to hook it up to a console. It's 2021, I'm never going to just find connector cables, I don't even see any sold on eBay. So I wouldn't even be able to test the thing, meaning it's just a $20 paperweight... I skipped buying it, which is just sad.
    There's one listed on eBay from Canada... No power cable.

If I remember correctly, these allowed you to flash a ROM to a cart and play on your console. It worked with a few different systems.

Had to Google which systems:

Spoiler warning:

Released in 1991, the Multi Game Doctor 2 by Bung is one of the most versatile copiers there are. The MGD2 has can be used with 7 different systems including the SNES, Genesis, NEO-GEO, PC-Engine, Super Graphics, Game Gear, and Game Boy. The main unit has an LCD screen and three buttons which control the copier's functions. The unit is compatible with gold finger codes, DSP games and has built in 256K of SRAM. It has support for two languages (Chinese and English) and the contents of the memory are maintained when the console's power is turned off. The Neo Geo I/O can playback games up to 136M, the I/O utilizes 4x32M Doctor cards, and one 8M SRAM (thanks Kyuusaku). Games can be backed up on 720K, 800K, 1.2MB, 1.44MB and 1.6MB formats. It had a backup board (for making the initial backups), but it did not come in any protective case, just the bare board, so very few now survive, they are now VERY, VERY rare. The dealer would usualy attach whatever cart conectors the buyer/user needed.

C $334.00
    Approximately £192.93

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333476555...0AAOSwAj9eGjfI

I'd pick it up for $20 before it goes. Even without the cables, you should turn a profit.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If I came across one of those that cheap I would probably just keep it and hope I could find the missing stuff. Maybe with some research it's possible to duplicate the missing cables?

Still, $20 is cheap for something so rare.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh neat the forums are working again!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Careful. If you pick too hard you'll get a nose bleed.

Thanks
    EP Points

So I'm watching the start of the Soviet Lord of the Rings.
    Bilbo does his birthday speech, the English subs have him saying something about "terrible friends" and then he says "there you are you son of a bitch"
    This is hilarious. The aspect ratio is bizarre though (720x720)

I'll have to watch the Finnish "Hobitit" tv series next.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Oh neat the forums are working again!!
    Yeah... How many hours was that?

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    If I came across one of those that cheap I would probably just keep it and hope I could find the missing stuff. Maybe with some research it's possible to duplicate the missing cables?

Still, $20 is cheap for something so rare.
    Yeah, super duper rare, I knew what I was looking at.
    My brother was there with me and I started talking to him about possibly creating a required cable from scratch. And that'd just be insane, the MGD2 obviously uses a proprietary connector for the cables, and the god damned cables contain the flash ram for each system.
    Given the cost and difficulty of obtaining cables, and given that I have a dozen copiers that I ain't even using, it just doesn't make sense for me to pick up and leave laying in my closet till I die. Cause I'll never be able to justify buying a cable, when a flashcard costs half the price and works better.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Damn...I lost both of my Grandpas in the span of less than a year. I'm ready for this shit to stop lmao...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    Damn...I lost both of my Grandpas in the span of less than a year. I'm ready for this shit to stop lmao...
    When life hands you lemons, they say make lemonade. Well life is handing us all an overabundance of shit and bologna these days, so we're being forced to make shit sandwiches. I'm sorry for your loss, I lost my little brother to an overdose of cocaine cut with fentanyl. My medium brother popped 30 xanax and drank a 12 pack of beer, he had to have his stomach pumped at the hospital. At this rate I'll lose my other brother and my niece will lose her father becoming a ward of the state because her mother is mentally incompetent and lost custody. Life is not getting any easier for many of us, hang in there buddies and roll with the punches.
    Last edited by Till; 25th-April-2021 at 07:02.
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    When life hands you lemons, they say make lemonade. Well life is handing us all an overabundance of shit and bologna these days, so we're being forced to make shit sandwiches. I'm sorry for your loss, I lost my little brother to an overdose of cocaine cut with fentanyl. My medium brother popped 30 xanax and drank a 12 pack of beer, he had to have his stomach pumped at the hospital. At this rate I'll lose my other brother and my niece will lose her father becoming a ward of the state because her mother is mentally incompetent and lost custody. Life is not getting any easier for many of us, hang in there buddies and roll with the punches.
    Damn man I'm sorry to hear all that.

Life is indeed handing us shit sandwhiches anymore. It's a pain in the ass, but like you said, just gotta roll with the punches.

To keep my mind occupied I moved our office around got my own mancave area now. At least I'm happy for now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Lost my last Grandparent a year ago. Exactly on her 96th birthday too. Which is good in a way, she was my favorite and lived the longest.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Lost my last Grandparent a year ago. Exactly on her 96th birthday too. Which is good in a way, she was my favorite and lived the longest.
    Damn, that's a long time to live! My Grandpas were only 83 and 86 respectively. Lost my favorite Grandpa back in September. I miss him a lot everyday. Technically I lost all 3 of my Grandpas, since my biological Grandpa (the only one I know of) passed away in November of last year. Didn't know him very well though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    Damn man I'm sorry to hear all that.

Life is indeed handing us shit sandwhiches anymore. It's a pain in the ass, but like you said, just gotta roll with the punches.

To keep my mind occupied I moved our office around got my own mancave area now. At least I'm happy for now.
    I also lost one of my best friends before my little brother, she shot herself in the head twice in my bathroom because she was desperately lost in heroin addiction and didn't want to be a junkie anymore. There's an out-of-control drug epidemic and it's killing the people closest to me. To paraphrase myself on another board:

" I'm overwhelmed by being the only responsible one in a very irresponsible family.

I'm physically and emotionally drained by my mom being elderly and senile, being her caregiver and secretary and legal representative. My little brother dying from an overdose of cocaine cut with fentanyl. My middle brother doing crazy shit like popping 30 xanax and drinking a twelve pack of beer then needing his stomach pumped at the hospital. He also has 2 DUIs in the span of 5 months and one was when his 11 year old daughter was passenger, so he might lose custody for child endangerment.

My middle brother has totalled 3 cars in the span of 7 months and he has the Department of Children so far up his ass they're coming out of his mouth for being patently insane and an unfit parent. I had to sign paperwork that stated I had to snitch on him if he was getting drunk or high as a condition for him to not lose custody. Being somebody's uncle causes legal problems for you and the reason I don't want children of my own is to avoid said problems associated with the welfare of children.

I'd be a bad influence on a child and a terrible parent, I'm responsible though and not having offspring.

So in an overwhelming, physically and emotionally draining state of affairs I'm coping by doing what I'm contractually bound to do and little else."

"The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning." ~ Lao Tzu

tl;dr

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Finally found a good 12v 5A PSU with the correct barrel plug at work for my DC with GDEMU, so I'm retiring the Wii PSU I was using back to PSU spares bin

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Finally found a good 12v 5A PSU with the correct barrel plug at work for my DC with GDEMU, so I'm retiring the Wii PSU I was using back to PSU spares bin
    Nice going, Dr. Frankenstein.

reductio ad absurdum