Page 232 of 268 FirstFirst ... 132182222227228229230231232233234235236237242 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 4007

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I walked into a thrift store, spotted a 77xxx and thought of this mod. But, no power supply, no controller, just the system and av cable for $60 +tax. *sigh*
    Probably used ebay prices.
    We do that a lot, but most things are marked as 50-75% of recent sold listings (not including shipping obviously). Some other places are worse though, counting shipping as part of total price and not having any price % reduction

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah, that latter is fine for a specialty store, where you're walking in looking for ____ item. A thrift store is just selling whatever the fuck they have, and that they got for FREE. It's fine if they wanna glance at eBay to make sure they aren't selling something worth a fortune, but charging the max value is absurd. Especially when I'm sure max values are for tested/cleaned items that have basic warranties/exchange options.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

The thing most regular people don't understand about thrift stores is that even though they get items for free, most of them (like Salvos) really need to generate money to pay for running costs and put money back into community programs. They use a lot of volunteers to reduce costs but there are still a lot of things to pay for, getting rid of pure rubbish costs a lot, people "donate" trash all the time and it's just wrong.
    If you wanna be angry at anybody be angry at all the fuckwits that dump their rubbish on thrift stores. It costs millions to get rid of.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

But yeah, marking something at full price and probably basing that price on just listings and not sold listings is plain wrong. People are stupid.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Like I said: needs to be based on sold listings and then a % reduction so people can see they are buying something a bit cheaper.
    The days of giving everything away for $1 or whatever are gone, governments generally don't spend enough on poor people so charities are left to support those people. The charities need money to do that and can't rely on pure $ donations to do it.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry if that all seemed to come out wrong, but I deal with people complaining about prices all the fucking time. They want to get everything for $1-5 and these people are well dressed and obviously aren't poor.
    A lot are looking to resell on facebook or whatever.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Oh yeah, I hear you, it takes a lot just to keep the lights on. Retail rent/lease prices here in Vancouver are INSANE.
    The place I'm complaining about is a for profit thrift chain though. They just like to pretend to be a charity, the only "charity" portion is their receiving sub-company, which just exists for tax avoidance purposes, and funnels any money they get god knows where.

I don't mind overpaying a bit at actual charity shops, which most of the rest are.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    A lot are looking to resell on facebook or whatever.
    Oh god. They're the worst part of going to thrift stores now. I've seen people with barcode scanners hooked up to their iPhones so they can scan every item on the shelf looking for things values.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

We don't have barcodes at work, just old fashioned price sticker guns
    But yeah, people looking at bloody everything in the store and using their phone at the same time. And they aren't just "surfing the net" while shopping, you can see what they're doing because they pick things up, look underneath and around for country of origin, dates etc.

Even simple stuff like CD/DVD's...
    I load up a trolley of priced mixed media, roll it out onto the floor and people come at me like seagulls. The "polite" ones ask if it's ok to go through the trolley while I'm trying to unload everything onto shelves etc, I usually say it's ok as long as they don't make a mess, which tends to deter some. The really rude ones just all stand around the trolley so you can't get to it to unload, they make piles of shit on the floor or wherever and don't give 2 fucks that they're in your way.
    Then you get the "regulars" trying to get a discount because they want to buy like 50 DVD's at once from the trolley Dude, you're reselling that stuff stop trying to increase your profit margin and taking all the good stuff as soon as it appears.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So

Spoiler warning:

Got a pink PS2 slim 77002 with matching controller and MC (also PSU but that's just the standard black).
    After getting home, having dinner and doing some other stuff I decided to hook it up with the intention of using mechapwn to change it to US DEV.
    When it starts up I'm greeted with Matrix v1.93 boot screen I'm guessing it's probably a Modbo 750 and not a legit Matrix chip though (most chipped PS2's here have the cheaper modbo variants).

I'll leave it as is

Still need to pull my PS2 console box out of storage to see what model slims I already have.

I've never ran into a pre-modded system (of any kind) here.

I walked into a thrift store, spotted a 77xxx and thought of this mod. But, no power supply, no controller, just the system and av cable for $60 +tax. *sigh*
    Absurd.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well it's my second chipped PS2. I have one old fat I installed modbo myself but the laser died years ago. Never bothered fixing it, same story with my launch Japanese PS1 (dead laser).
    So now I have a working chipped PS2 again
    Still have 2x chipped PS1's (a fat and a slim).

Pre-modded systems are easy enough to find on ebay here, there are even still people doing mods to PS1 and PS2 as well as selling chips you can install yourself.

The PS TV I got a while back was already hacked. Seller didn't mention anything about it.
    Well before that I bought an RGH 360 from a local seller via ebay. Not a random seller, an established guy that offers a handful of modded consoles every few months.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

It's a legal loophole based on region free and also loading alternate software (eg OS). Nothing to do with allowing piracy.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh yeah, I hear you, it takes a lot just to keep the lights on. Retail rent/lease prices here in Vancouver are INSANE.
    The place I'm complaining about is a for profit thrift chain though. They just like to pretend to be a charity, the only "charity" portion is their receiving sub-company, which just exists for tax avoidance purposes, and funnels any money they get god knows where.

I don't mind overpaying a bit at actual charity shops, which most of the rest are.

Oh god. They're the worst part of going to thrift stores now. I've seen people with barcode scanners hooked up to their iPhones so they can scan every item on the shelf looking for things values.
    That reminds me of a time someone was scanning every last stupid CD. I think they were scanning books and anything else with a barcode too .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's a legal loophole based on region free and also loading alternate software (eg OS). Nothing to do with allowing piracy.
    Too bad .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well it's my second chipped PS2. I have one old fat I installed modbo myself but the laser died years ago. Never bothered fixing it, same story with my launch Japanese PS1 (dead laser).
    So now I have a working chipped PS2 again
    Still have 2x chipped PS1's (a fat and a slim).

Pre-modded systems are easy enough to find on ebay here, there are even still people doing mods to PS1 and PS2 as well as selling chips you can install yourself.

The PS TV I got a while back was already hacked. Seller didn't mention anything about it.
    Well before that I bought an RGH 360 from a local seller via ebay. Not a random seller, an established guy that offers a handful of modded consoles every few months.
    I've never encountered anything in person; not even a DS flash cart, FMCB memory card, or a PSP. We did recently get a Switch and PS TV that were hacked but that was off a forum and from the same seller.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've got a bunch of different DS flash carts, probably at least 6.
    GBA flash cart
    GB/GBC flash cart
    N64
    SNES.
    MD/Genesis
    Master System
    Famicom
    GDemu

360 RGH
    Xbox v1.6 chipped
    Wii with WODE (has NGC ports)
    Another Wii with GC ports that is chipped (got that for pocket change, didn't come with anything else).

I have 2x 3DS consoles but nothing for them at all, not even CFW.
    Bunch of PS3 consoles with full CFW, most are early slims but one is fat... I did all of those myself.

Spoiler warning: