Page 211 of 268 FirstFirst ... 111161201206207208209210211212213214215216221261 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4007

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

So after doing a heap of digging and reading I've finally confirmed why my Japanese Dreamcast (VA1 board) works fine with my GDEMU but doesn't like CDI (using such files will reboot to Dreamcast BIOS CD player menu).

The console is what's regarded as Japanese "type 3". Ordinary looking, but basically the same as Sakura Taisen versions hardware wise.
    It's VA1 with Samsung 3.3v GD-ROM but not MIL-CD compatible. HKT-3000 (dated 2000 according to serial no.).
    So, mystery solved.

Kinda sucks in a way as any unlicensed MIL-CD stuff can't be used as there aren't any "general" GDI dumps (like TOSEC) of them.
    Need to do some more reading... I've seen some Dreamshell GDI versions of some unlicensed games but these are "optimised" and usually don't work with GDEMU. A few do though as I've tested a bunch, mostly from Russian sources.

Another thing is there are recent Redump versions of some unlicensed games, but these are in the new cue/multi bin format.

I've got heaps of games working as GDI though so I'm not terribly upset Half-Life Gold has a proper GDI now unlike years ago and there are a bunch of cool games including translations that work fine.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

These giant ass file sizes and updates on my poor slow DSL connection. :/

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Yaaay, my workplace is getting vaccinated on Tuesday
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Yaaay, my workplace is getting vaccinated on Tuesday
    I'm not getting a shot for some time yet. Only 2 options available can trigger blood clots and other crap
    No local cases of infection.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm content with never .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I'm not getting a shot for some time yet. Only 2 options available can trigger blood clots and other crap
    No local cases of infection.
    Nice that you have no local cases. But for me, 2 weeks ago a person that I've been sitting 2 meters away from for about 20-30 hours a week got covid, and contact tracing failed to identify me, so I can't even get tested. So yeah, I want off this retarded ride.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

I can go get mine whenever I want but I'm kind of afraid to get it after what Dead said about blood clots (I've had problems before)

Thanks
    EP Points

Wtf, I was just watching tv, and saw a tv commercial for Tic Toc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I can go get mine whenever I want but I'm kind of afraid to get it after what Dead said about blood clots (I've had problems before)
    They do monitor you after getting the shot, so it should be fine even with a super rare reaction.
    The odds of complications are insignificant compared to the complications you can get from covid. I'm pretty sure covid has worse odds of giving you blood clots, nevermind the stuff covid actually does.
    And kinda just calling it now, but I believe once everyone that cares about covid gets vaccinated, everyone is going to start moving around like they don't care, and we'll get a wave of infections that'll make every previous wave look insignificant. It's what's basically happening right now, but I think it'll get a LOT worse...

Thanks
    EP Points

Welp, I'm going to bed soon. All the new fiber lines are being put in down the street and hooked up or whatever it is they do. They were digging all this week and getting started. Quite a mess. Anywho there's going to be an outage for awhile (and yes they work through weekends)

So have fun guys and I'll see you in a few days. Hopefully no more than a week.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Nice that you have no local cases. But for me, 2 weeks ago a person that I've been sitting 2 meters away from for about 20-30 hours a week got covid, and contact tracing failed to identify me, so I can't even get tested. So yeah, I want off this retarded ride.
    Anybody can get tested here. It has been like that since this all started, you don't need to have verified close contact.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    From what I understand it's the AstraZeneca and the Pfizer shots that can be risky for people under 60, but I've read about one case of a person aged 60 that got clots anyway.
    These 2 shots are the only ones available here atm.
    People have died and I'm not just talking about that bunch of people in old folks homes in the Netherlands or whatever. People younger than me have died.

So yeah, basically the chance of me catching covid are extremely low to start with. Then my chance of dying from covid is even lower than that.
    Developing complications from a vaccine shot is much higher even though the "experts" claim the risk is low (I've seen numbers mentioned like 1 in 400,000 but idk how accurate that is).

I live in the country so if I got the shot and was fine for a few days, but then didn't feel ok at home sometime later on I could possibly die just waiting to get rushed to the hospital.
    Fuck that.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

From what I understand it's the AstraZeneca and the Pfizer shots that can be risky for people under 60, but I've read about one case of a person aged 60 that got clots anyway.
    These 2 shots are the only ones available here atm.
    People have died and I'm not just talking about that bunch of people in old folks homes in the Netherlands or whatever. People younger than me have died.

So yeah, basically the chance of me catching covid are extremely low to start with. Then my chance of dying from covid is even lower than that.
    Developing complications from a vaccine shot is much higher even though the "experts" claim the risk is low (I've seen numbers mentioned like 1 in 400,000 but idk how accurate that is).

I live in the country so if I got the shot and was fine for a few days, but then didn't feel ok at home sometime later on I could possibly die just waiting to get rushed to the hospital.
    Fuck that.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Small lot of crap...

Spoiler warning:

3DS expedition case PowerA - boxed
    PS2 DS2 controller - black
    PS2 EyeToy - silver
    The Art of Dead Space - hardcover with dust cover
    The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Prima guide
    The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim official game guide - missing map
    D&D Player's Handbook core rulebook 1 - hardcover
    D&D Monster Manual core rulebook 3 - hardcover

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Fuck that.
    Yeah that don't work for me. I live in a big city with tons of covid cases. My workplace employs ~300 people and I think like 15 of us have gotten it thus far. Which is still a tiny amount, but lockdowns and shit haven't stopped it here.

Thanks
    EP Points

You pointed out your main problem: you live in a big city.
    This and also third worldish countries where millions of people live on top of each other in unsanitary conditions is why the spread can't be stopped.

In the last year plenty of people here have become sensible and moved out of the big cities. Real estate prices in those cities has dropped and the country prices have increased.

Spoiler warning: