Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103153193198199200201202203
Results 3,031 to 3,043 of 3043

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

  1. #3031
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    V.C. B.C. Canada
    Posts
    12,172
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 613 Times in 268 Posts
    EP Points
    470

    Default

    I hear coyotes yelping out back.


  2. #3032
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Motunui
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    EP Points
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Some places are not expensive to travel too. It sounds like you don't live in Canada or America. But with Covid traveling is kinda hard right now.
    Yup. Sadly, I do not live any where in Canada or America. You're totally right though, there's really no use talking about traveling right now. But I only wish I lived somewhere else.

  3. #3033
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    2,014
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 59 Times in 40 Posts
    EP Points
    9720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Yup. Sadly, I do not live any where in Canada or America. You're totally right though, there's really no use talking about traveling right now. But I only wish I lived somewhere else.
    Well that's too bad. I know gaming can be very expensive in some places. Good thing for emulation. Hopefully once covid is over traveling will be more accessible.

  4. #3034
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Wall Sconce
    Posts
    19,207
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 13,056 Times in 1,135 Posts
    EP Points
    48090

    Default

    So like, I was clicking on some eBay history on Pricecharting. Pokemon Leaf Green sold for $3000USD, for a Players Choice copy. Pokemon Emerald sold for 5K, but at least it isn't Players Choice.
    I don't know how these games are worth more than my copy of Snatcher. I know I've just been stubborn hanging onto my Snatcher because it's basically irreplaceable, but I can just buy used Pokemon games that are only hundreds of dollars... Hundreds of dollars?! WTF. Boy I'm glad I bought myself a copy of Pokemon Ruby a couple years ago when I randomly noticed that I failed to snag a new one, IIRC I paid $60 (which pissed me off at the time).
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

  5. #3035
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a windowless van.
    Posts
    10,327
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 699 Times in 329 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    EP Points
    1420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    So like, I was clicking on some eBay history on Pricecharting. Pokemon Leaf Green sold for $3000USD, for a Players Choice copy. Pokemon Emerald sold for 5K, but at least it isn't Players Choice.
    I don't know how these games are worth more than my copy of Snatcher. I know I've just been stubborn hanging onto my Snatcher because it's basically irreplaceable, but I can just buy used Pokemon games that are only hundreds of dollars... Hundreds of dollars?! WTF. Boy I'm glad I bought myself a copy of Pokemon Ruby a couple years ago when I randomly noticed that I failed to snag a new one, IIRC I paid $60 (which pissed me off at the time).
    It could be an inflation scheme.
    Although, my local game store keeps flipping copies of Soul Silver for 150 every other week. I think copies with the statue go for 400.

  6. #3036
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Wall Sconce
    Posts
    19,207
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 13,056 Times in 1,135 Posts
    EP Points
    48090

    Default

    I'm guessing there are a ton of idiots out there with GME money, and sealed Pokemon's are surprisingly uncommon, so the sky's the limit.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

  7. #3037
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,727
    Thanks
    658
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 790 Posts
    EP Points
    8615

    Default

    Sealed pokemon are very rare here.

    Spoiler warning:

  8. #3038
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Motunui
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    EP Points
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Well that's too bad. I know gaming can be very expensive in some places. Good thing for emulation. Hopefully once covid is over traveling will be more accessible.
    Thank you so much. I try to buy games spending as less as I can, even if sometimes it means waiting months (or years) after the release. Downloadable games are another option, especially on pc, despite not really feeling at ease with pc gaming. Last comes buying preowned games or emulation (I guess it's basically the same for game companies), the latter only if prices get crazy. But as a huge fan of gaming, I think it's best trying to support game companies or producers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    So like, I was clicking on some eBay history on Pricecharting. Pokemon Leaf Green sold for $3000USD, for a Players Choice copy. Pokemon Emerald sold for 5K, but at least it isn't Players Choice.
    I don't know how these games are worth more than my copy of Snatcher. I know I've just been stubborn hanging onto my Snatcher because it's basically irreplaceable, but I can just buy used Pokemon games that are only hundreds of dollars... Hundreds of dollars?! WTF. Boy I'm glad I bought myself a copy of Pokemon Ruby a couple years ago when I randomly noticed that I failed to snag a new one, IIRC I paid $60 (which pissed me off at the time).
    Yup, prices tend to get crazy. I've been craving to buy myself a preowned Soul Silver, but I gave up. I bumped into counterfeit copies of the game coming from China for around 9 $, maybe some day I'll buy one of them, but I'm not sure they will work fine.

  9. #3039
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    2,014
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 59 Times in 40 Posts
    EP Points
    9720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Thank you so much. I try to buy games spending as less as I can, even if sometimes it means waiting months (or years) after the release. Downloadable games are another option, especially on pc, despite not really feeling at ease with pc gaming. Last comes buying preowned games or emulation (I guess it's basically the same for game companies), the latter only if prices get crazy. But as a huge fan of gaming, I think it's best trying to support game companies or producers.



    Yup, prices tend to get crazy. I've been craving to buy myself a preowned Soul Silver, but I gave up. I bumped into counterfeit copies of the game coming from China for around 9 $, maybe some day I'll buy one of them, but I'm not sure they will work fine.
    Its always good to get a good deal on gaming, since its a expensive hobby. I also try to support gaming companies as well. I mostly use emulation for older consoles, since it can be a hassle to hook everything up and some older consoles don't look good on modern TVs.

  10. #3040
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,727
    Thanks
    658
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 790 Posts
    EP Points
    8615

    Default


    Spoiler warning:

  11. #3041
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Astral Void
    Posts
    4,278
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 275 Times in 105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    EP Points
    105

    Default

    .
    All American Hero!

  12. #3042
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    V.C. B.C. Canada
    Posts
    12,172
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 613 Times in 268 Posts
    EP Points
    470

    Default



  13. #3043
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,727
    Thanks
    658
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 790 Posts
    EP Points
    8615

    Default

    Got a largish box of PC games, here are some (not all) titles...

    Spoiler warning:

    D - DOS CD-ROM big box
    Blade Runner - win95/NT CD-ROM big box (also got DVD version disc only)
    Tomb Raider - DOS CD-ROM big box (with bonus screensaver CD)
    Tomb Raider II - win95 CD-ROM big box
    The 11th Hour - DOS CD-ROM big box
    The 7th Guest - DOS CD-ROM (missing big box but has manual)
    StarLancer - win95 CD-ROM big box
    Half-Life Blue Shift - win95 CD-ROM big box
    Halo - win98 CD-ROM small box
    GTA III - win98 CD-ROM small box
    Half-Life GotY - win95/NT CD-ROM small box
    Mafia - win98 CD-ROM small box
    Far Cry - win98 CD-ROM small box

    Spoiler warning:

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3980
    Last Post: 1st-February-2013, 02:58
  2. The Hang: It's Officially Out
    By Tassadar in forum Hang Out
    Replies: 3923
    Last Post: 16th-December-2012, 05:43
  3. Replies: 3966
    Last Post: 30th-August-2012, 23:51
  4. Replies: 3844
    Last Post: 29th-October-2007, 21:11
  5. Citizens of the world... check this shit out.
    By Soeru in forum Free 4 All
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 19th-April-2004, 03:54

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us

We are the oldest retro gaming forum on the internet. The goal of our community is the complete preservation of all retro video games. Started in 2001 as EmuParadise Forums, our community has grown over the past 18 years into one of the biggest gaming platforms on the internet.

Social