Page 204 of 268 FirstFirst ... 104154194199200201202203204205206207208209214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 4007

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

The other stuff was like at least three Xbox 360 games, two PS3 games, three PS1 games, at least 6 audio CDs, a few old books (75-100 years old) and another PS3 slim with DS3 controller.
    PS360 games and audio CD I'm not sure about the actual amounts now as I dropped everything into category tubs. I've still been getting stuff but haven't posted about it as nothing special.
    The PC games box was an interesting find though, there are three complete big boxes there I didn't have. Pity 7th Guest was missing big box, oh well.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Its always good to get a good deal on gaming, since its a expensive hobby. I also try to support gaming companies as well. I mostly use emulation for older consoles, since it can be a hassle to hook everything up and some older consoles don't look good on modern TVs.
    You're totally right. Another matter is that some plugs are missing in modern TVs. Had to buy a new one lately and it has not a SCART plug in it. Luckily, I've not been playing anything on my PS2 for ages and I've already bought as remastered the only games I would like to play again some day (FFX and Kingdom Hearts for example). Otherwise, I would have had to find some way to emulate the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Got a largish box of PC games, here are some (not all) titles...

Spoiler warning:

D - DOS CD-ROM big box
    Blade Runner - win95/NT CD-ROM big box (also got DVD version disc only)
    Tomb Raider - DOS CD-ROM big box (with bonus screensaver CD)
    Tomb Raider II - win95 CD-ROM big box
    The 11th Hour - DOS CD-ROM big box
    The 7th Guest - DOS CD-ROM (missing big box but has manual)
    StarLancer - win95 CD-ROM big box
    Half-Life Blue Shift - win95 CD-ROM big box
    Halo - win98 CD-ROM small box
    GTA III - win98 CD-ROM small box
    Half-Life GotY - win95/NT CD-ROM small box
    Mafia - win98 CD-ROM small box
    Far Cry - win98 CD-ROM small box
    Cool! Tomb Raider II, Half-Life and Mafia surely bring back some good memories.

Thanks
    EP Points

Relurk after updated email address LMAO

Thanks
    EP Points

I see this is still lasting!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemkoon View Post
    I see this is still lasting!
    At this rate, there should be a new HO every 400 posts.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    You're totally right. Another matter is that some plugs are missing in modern TVs. Had to buy a new one lately and it has not a SCART plug in it. Luckily, I've not been playing anything on my PS2 for ages and I've already bought as remastered the only games I would like to play again some day (FFX and Kingdom Hearts for example). Otherwise, I would have had to find some way to emulate the PS2.

Cool! Tomb Raider II, Half-Life and Mafia surely bring back some good memories.
    Yeah some modern TVs don't have the certain ports you need. I don't think SCART was ever an option for me. Most consumer TVs sold here don't have a SCART port. Most game consoles here either used the RF Switch, The Red, Yellow and White cables I think they're called composite? You'd have the modify for SCART and RGB. Though some consoles had S-Video port as did/do some TVs. The Dreamcast supported VGA through an adapter. Of course now most modern consoles use HDMI which is fine with me.

Anything with PS2 emulation and beyond, you're gonna need a fairly decent comp to run games at a good speed or playable speed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah it's composite. I call them RCA cables.

Only things I have on my newer tv are 3 HDMI ports an RF (coax) and a funky little thing that looks like headphone jack and an adapter that came with it that splits into composite (yellow, red, white) so yeah some modern tv's don't have much. It's a pretty low end 4k though.

You don't really see SCART in North America.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I have 2x 1080p LED LCD TV's with composite, component, VGA and HDMI.
    1x 1080p Plasma TV with composite, s-video, component, VGA and HDMI (this panel has loads of inputs, more than any other TV I own).
    1x CRT TV with composite, s-video and component.
    1x CRT TV with composite and s-video.
    1x CRT TV with composite.

All of them are PAL/NTSC compatible. The largest CRT even supports SECAM as well but none of the CRT's are HD.

Also a couple of PC LED LCD monitors with speakers but those are only VGA/HDMI and VGA/DVI (both with audio input).

I haven't had a TV with SCART for years now.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yar

I love my little 1080p LED - has virtually every type of connection - my PS2 is still hooked up to it with component cables (even though I haven't turned it on in years) it's game dependent though in which case I can hook it up to my 720p which has all that and S-video too and the distortion isn't as bad with older systems. I'd gotten rid of my last CRT a few years ago, but..kinda wishing I still had one around for older stuff.

Thanks
    EP Points

I also forgot some modern HDTVs have a green blue and red composite cable. I have no idea if it gives better output as I've never tried it. My HDTV has a VGA port, I think most modern TVs do. I also have a USB port on mine.

Thanks
    EP Points

I also forgot some modern HDTVs have a green blue and red composite cable. I have no idea if it gives better output as I've never tried it. My HDTV has a VGA port, I think most modern TVs do. I also have a USB port on mine.
    Yeah those are component cables.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Green, Blue and Red inputs are going to be Component (YPbPr), not composite. If you were outside of Northern America, then there is a chance you'd have RGB which use the same color RCA type connectors.
    YPbPr is convertible between RGB and VGA without any quality loss; all of which will be better quality video than Composite.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    The Green, Blue and Red inputs are going to be Component (YPbPr), not composite. If you were outside of Northern America, then there is a chance you'd have RGB which use the same color RCA type connectors.
    YPbPr is convertible between RGB and VGA without any quality loss; all of which will be better quality video than Composite.
    Makes sense. I've just never used component cables. Though my Xbox 360 has them. Along with composite cables. I mostly use HDMI for modern consoles from Xbox 360 and onwards.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Makes sense. I've just never used component cables. Though my Xbox 360 has them. Along with composite cables. I mostly use HDMI for modern consoles from Xbox 360 and onwards.
    If your console has HDMI, then you're better off using that instead.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    If your console has HDMI, then you're better off using that instead.
    I pretty much always use HDMI from Xbox 360 and onwards.