Page 37 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

The only thing PS4 has going for it is some exclusives, and maybe the fact that it has firmware exploits. But iirc if you go that way you can't pirate all the exclusives atm anyway.
    No UHD BD drive on any model, Pro 4k isn't as good as Xbone X, pricing is fucking dumb across the range, controllers still have built-in batteries.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Atari 2600 is a pain in the arse to strip down. Ok, it's easy once the 4 body screws are removed but damn it's like they've been glued in

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Atari 2600 is a pain in the arse to strip down. Ok, it's easy once the 4 body screws are removed but damn it's like they've been glued in
    What are they, wood screws?
    A real pain is the dreamcast. Internally at least.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Gah, Wii's fucking suck.
    Disc updates don't contain all the appropriate IOS files, they probably assume you just got them from earlier updates. So if you jump up to 4.3 from 2.?, shit don't work like it should To run Hackmii and install HBC I had to fetch my own IOS files with NUSDownloader, then run Letterbomb to launch a WAD manager and manually install my god damned updates. WTF Nintendo.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    What are they, wood screws?
    A real pain is the dreamcast. Internally at least.
    They're a little larger than what you normally find on consoles. Apparently the holes aren't pre-threaded at factory, they just drive the screws in making the thread as they go and they're all super tight.
    I sheared one screw trying to get it out. Lucky the holes have a heap of meat, so I trimmed a little off the plastic to get vice grips onto what was left of the screw.

I'll work the threads to loosen up this bs. But soaking body overnight first.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm feeling heroic.

*plays Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark on XBone as a Paladin, kills a few villagers to drop alignment down to Lawful Neutral then becomes Druid and plays as a Paladin/Druid*

edit

The fallen Paladin that becomes a Druid is really fun to role play, just don't kill too many villagers or you'll become Lawful Evil and can't be a Druid. Save the last 10 levels for Blackguard if you want to be Lawful Evil by killing more villagers.(i.e. Level 2 Paladin/28 Druid/10 Blackguard) Human or Half-elf to not have an experience point penalty from class combination.
    Last edited by Till; 16th-March-2020 at 09:06. Reason: How to play D&D *kills villagers*
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    I'm feeling heroic.

*plays Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark on XBone as a Paladin, kills a few villagers to drop alignment down to Lawful Neutral then becomes Druid and plays as a Paladin/Druid*

edit

The fallen Paladin that becomes a Druid is really fun to role play, just don't kill too many villagers or you'll become Lawful Evil and can't be a Druid. Save the last 10 levels for Blackguard if you want to be Lawful Evil by killing more villagers.(i.e. Level 2 Paladin/28 Druid/10 Blackguard) Human or Half-elf to not have an experience point penalty from class combination.
    Look at this murder hobo over here.

Working from home today due to happy fun Corona times. Hopefully I don't go stir crazy camped out in my apartment.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I meant to say fallen Paladin build in the regular Neverwinter Nights campaign because you start off at level 15 and there aren't enough villagers to kill in Hordes of the Underdark,
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Working from home today due to happy fun Corona times. Hopefully I don't go stir crazy camped out in my apartment.
    I'm chilling at home playing on my XBone most of the day, or at least that's the quarantine plan. Right now I'm fiddling with mah Chromebook, have SeaMonkey browser for Windows x86 running on Android with Crossover and it's perfectly emulated. Best browser on Crossover I've used so far, default ones suck because they're either too old or not perfectly emulated yet.
    Last edited by Till; 16th-March-2020 at 13:21. Reason: D&D! (kills villagers)

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    I'm chilling at home playing on my XBone most of the day, or at least that's the quarantine plan.
    Yeah I don't know what it is, I'll spend a large portion of my leisure time on comp playing games or whatever, but the moment you tell me I have to work from home, instant cabin fever.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I don't know what it is, I'll spend a large portion of my leisure time on comp playing games or whatever, but the moment you tell me I have to work from home, instant cabin fever.
    Look on the bright side, some people don't have the luxury to work at home and have to hustle for money in the wild urban jungle during a plague.

edit

I ported Translhextion hex editor for Windows to Android with Crossover(Windows emulator for Android). It's useful for ROM hacking and can hack any file, which you normally can't do on Chromebook without root.

https://www.epforums.org/showthread....ion-Hex-Editor

A random knick-knack that comes in very handy. I'll port more Windows tools and patty-whacks to Android that way and add it to the Emuporium.

"Trinkets, odds and ends; that sort of thing." ~ Lucan
    Last edited by Till; 16th-March-2020 at 19:54. Reason: "Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures." ~ Lucan

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Saw this on reddit:

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Saw this on reddit:

Spoiler warning:

The upside to this quarantine is that I am now being paid to drink beer. Take that establishment!
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The upside to this quarantine is that I am now being paid to drink beer. Take that establishment!
    Free beer for everyone!

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Someone say FREE beer!!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

So PS5 is supposed to be revealed tomorrow (its still the 17th here). I hope the rumors are true that its backwards compatible all the way to the PS1.

For those of you stuck at home and or bored, I have a updated list of steam codes for trade. I've got some good ones!
    Last edited by LeftyGuitar; 18th-March-2020 at 02:54.