Page 33 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Thanks
    EP Points

Shoeboxes make decent "shelves" for holding games. Though you need a big one if you want to store a lot of games in it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you want to totally confuse a webmaster set your user agent to

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_3) AppleWebKit/Firefox[WEBKIT_VERSION] (KHTML, like Gecko, Mediapartners-Google) /[CHROME_VERSION] Safari/[WEBKIT_VERSION] Linux/[Windows NT]

A Chrome Safari Webkit Firefox Google bot running on Mac, Linux and Windows at the same time.
    Last edited by Till; 22nd-February-2020 at 23:23. Reason: lol
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    If you want to totally confuse a webmaster set your user agent to

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_3) AppleWebKit/Firefox[WEBKIT_VERSION] (KHTML, like Gecko, Mediapartners-Google) /[CHROME_VERSION] Safari/[WEBKIT_VERSION] Linux/[Windows NT]

A Chrome Safari Webkit Firefox Google bot running on Mac, Linux and Windows at the same time.
    This would be a good way to disguise yourself on the web.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    This would be a good way to disguise yourself on the web.
    It bypasses the openminds.tv user agent firewall. Try other fake user agents there.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm not 'normal' mentally, which I am reminded of when someone mentions having a guilty conscience which apparently I'm incapable of feeling; I do not know what it feels like to have remorse over anything I've done. Introspectively I think it might have something to do with psychopathy, which I can't get help for because there is no cure. At least I don't like evildoers or evildoing, I might not be very lawful but I don't like evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by To paraphrase myself
    Sometimes I look back on what I've done, just as the gods do after taking a shit.
    That being stated, it's not like I don't mention that you should not do what I do or ask me for advice because I'm not normal and am incapable of feeling guilt for things that many people might experience over retrospectively. I'm not setting a good or bad example, just not a totally sane one.
    Last edited by Till; 26th-February-2020 at 07:00. Reason: Can the blind lead the blind?

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'm sure ebay scalpers don't feel guilty about inflating used game prices.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I'm sure ebay scalpers don't feel guilty about inflating used game prices.
    I've sold some stuff for far more than I felt it was worth. Not a single fuck was given. I'm not selling a necessity of life, it's entirely on the buyer to pay what they did.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I've sold some stuff for far more than I felt it was worth. Not a single fuck was given. I'm not selling a necessity of life, it's entirely on the buyer to pay what they did.
    Caveat emptor ( /ˈɛmptɔːr/; from caveat, "may he beware", a subjunctive form of cavēre, "to beware" + ēmptor, "buyer") is Latin for "Let the buyer beware". Generally, caveat emptor is the contract law principle that controls the sale of real property after the date of closing, but may also apply to sales of other goods.

Caveat downloador? No, no, down in Latin is PLUMAE and loader is ONERATUS so it's CAVEAT PLUMEAONERATUS too. Here's to those that think there is such a thing as a free meal. Free beer for everyone! Cheers!

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:
    eMac G4/1GHz/ATI/combo A1002 model (PowerMac4,4). Everything works well, tube and case are in excellent condition.

Came with:
    original Pro kb & mouse
    original software install/restore DVD (OSX 10.2.4)
    Apple hardware test CD
    original user's guide book

Still has only a 60GB HDD but the ram was upgraded to 640MB at some point. Still has combo optical drive.

Found a couple of weird av cables.
    They have 9pin din at one end which appears to be Mega Drive/Genesis model 2 arrangement, other end is the odd part.
    They have composite & stereo rca but also have another 3 rca set which has component colours (no audio). So the 9pin has two sets of three joined cables coming from it
    As far as I know MD isn't capable of component output without assistance of some sort.
    Is it possible for a mod to output component through the original 9pin socket?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Spoiler warning:
    eMac G4/1GHz/ATI/combo A1002 model (PowerMac4,4). Everything works well, tube and case are in excellent condition.

Came with:
    original Pro kb & mouse
    original software install/restore DVD (OSX 10.2.4)
    Apple hardware test CD
    original user's guide book

Still has only a 60GB HDD but the ram was upgraded to 640MB at some point. Still has combo optical drive.

Found a couple of weird av cables.
    They have 9pin din at one end which appears to be Mega Drive/Genesis model 2 arrangement, other end is the odd part.
    They have composite & stereo rca but also have another 3 rca set which has component colours (no audio). So the 9pin has two sets of three joined cables coming from it
    As far as I know MD isn't capable of component output without assistance of some sort.
    Is it possible for a mod to output component through the original 9pin socket?
    I'm assuming the previous owner had a Frankenstein setup to connect the 9pin socket to which you don't have the full set of.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Post, Lurk.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just got my 2nd weee.

Thanks
    EP Points

There's a bunch of old consoles and games at work in a decent sized cardboard box I'll have to clean and test

2600 vader
    2600 Jr
    Master System II
    Mega Drive II

Quite a few MD games but most are cart only inside VHS cases, some do have a proper case and slip though.
    I don't think there are all that many 2600 games but I was more curious about the MD stuff tbh.
    Controllers and psu's are a jumbled mess, God knows if anything is still in good working order.
    Just about everything is really filthy, except the carts actually inside cases (original or VHS).

It's terrible to see old consoles neglected like these are

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Wwoooo, your thrift store actually *cleans* electronics before tossing em out for sale?! I don't believe that happens with the big thrift store chain around here, they just slap a pricetag on that crap and chuck it on the floor. I'd guess if anything is truly horrible they just junk it... I shudder when I walk in and see something that's just filthy and obviously broken sitting out for sale.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here