Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Games on disc can always be installed, granted they exist. I can think of one game that no longer exists because the disc shipped with a demo and the character license was lost. Thps5 as of the last time I checked was not on the sony store.

Then there are games from devs like ubisoft and EA Who like to charge extra for story dlc whether on disc or not. Thats not the full game. Hell, even square Enix does it. But I guess that's the the same thing as my original argument.
    Well, I guess cases like that are very rare, but you have a point.
    As for DLCs or downloadable games, it depends. If I didn't like very much the game, or I know I'm not gonna play it for a very long time (or never again), I delete it even if it came with free DLC. I tend to not buy DLCs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Another reason for having physical media. As long as the content is on the disc, its on the disc. This is also why emulation and back-ups are important. Emulation helps preserves these games. If something digital gets deleted and can't be found anywhere, then it is gone for good.
    Yep. I generally prefer buying physical. I choose the downloadable version only if the price is very advantageous.

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:
    Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy (BD)
    Pitch Black (BD)
    Tron (BD)
    Unforgiven (BD)
    The 6th Day (BD)
    Born on the Fourth of July (HD DVD)
    Waterworld (HD DVD)
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Xbox)
    Crackdown (Xbox 360)
    Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Xbox One)
    Dead Island Riptide (PS3)
    Xbox controller extension cable

Spent less than $20aud.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Work...

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Well, I guess cases like that are very rare, but you have a point.
    As for DLCs or downloadable games, it depends. If I didn't like very much the game, or I know I'm not gonna play it for a very long time (or never again), I delete it even if it came with free DLC. I tend to not buy DLCs at all.

Yep. I generally prefer buying physical. I choose the downloadable version only if the price is very advantageous.
    Yeah I generally prefer physical too. There are a few times where I have both physical and digital, but only if the digital version was super cheap on sale.

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:
    Logitech Cordless Precision Controller G-X2E14A with wireless dongle (blue, for PS2 console)
    Genuine PS2 memory card (black)
    Powerwave PS2 multitap
    Genuine PS2 Network Adaptor (SCPH-10350)

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Yeah I generally prefer physical too. There are a few times where I have both physical and digital, but only if the digital version was super cheap on sale.
    Actually, me too. I have Tomb Raider Legend both physical and digital, being the physical one the PS2 version and the digital one the Xbox360 version (which I paid around 2 $ lol). Then I have Life is Strange (its limited edition was a must buy)and Portal (my favourite game, which I bought on 360 with The Orange Box the first time and as the digital stand alone the second time).

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Actually, me too. I have Tomb Raider Legend both physical and digital, being the physical one the PS2 version and the digital one the Xbox360 version (which I paid around 2 $ lol). Then I have Life is Strange (its limited edition was a must buy)and Portal (my favourite game, which I bought on 360 with The Orange Box the first time and as the digital stand alone the second time).
    Yeah even if I have the physical version, if I can get the digital version super cheap and I really like the game, then I might pick it up digitally. On another note, I'm debating with myself if I should keep going at my seasonal job.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are enough dogs in "Bad Moon" that my dog is very intently watching with me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks

Found out (late, I know) that I can connect my Switch dock to my PC screen via HDMI and then use my Wii LAN Adapter with the dock as it's connected to my modem (my modem and TV are too far apart from each other). I've yet to find out if it gives me a better network connection, as I still can't tell if the faulty connection is mine or anyone else's. Smash Brothers played all right, for a couple matches, but Super Kirby Clash and Mario Maker 2 are still as horrible as ever.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Platina View Post
    Found out (late, I know) that I can connect my Switch dock to my PC screen via HDMI and then use my Wii LAN Adapter with the dock as it's connected to my modem (my modem and TV are too far apart from each other). I've yet to find out if it gives me a better network connection, as I still can't tell if the faulty connection is mine or anyone else's. Smash Brothers played all right, for a couple matches, but Super Kirby Clash and Mario Maker 2 are still as horrible as ever.
    Wired is always more reliable than wireless.
    I suspect your issues are more to do with the console and games than the connection.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Wired is always more reliable than wireless.
    I suspect your issues are more to do with the console and games than the connection.
    Even with an old LAN adapter? It was all I had, but it went unused for years until now (didn't have a modem in my old bedroom). Yeah, I've read some games still aren't at top performance even with wired connections and good networks (I have AT&T U-verse, not sure if that makes a difference). Well, that's too bad, I just thought I'd give it a try anyway since I found it, is all.
    Last edited by Platina; 6th-December-2019 at 06:32.

Thanks
    EP Points

I am done with retail after this season.