Page 36 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,301 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    There has been frenzied buying of toilet paper here for about a week now. Most supermarkets have zero stock and have notices up stating customers are limited to buying 4 packs.
    There was even a thing in the news about a bitch fight at a supermarket over a pack of toilet paper. Pensioners have been told to buy kitchen paper towel instead.
    Apparently some people that bought up loads before stocks vanished are trying to resell at inflated prices.
    Meanwhile, petrol is the cheapest I've seen it for ages.

Crazy.
    Gah. Work has been brain-meltingly busy due to these crazies prepping. But guess what? We're not even close to running out of toilet paper, a god damned toilet paper factory is a 20 minute drive away. The only issue is stores shelving it as fast as crazies grab it up...
    Peoples overreactions to this are just silly. My companies stock just randomly dropped 10% (last I checked), when our volume hit a all-time record high last week, and we might crack that record again this week.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

We usually have tp for sale at work, as well as tissues and hand sanitiser. Just small stock not like a supermarket, maybe like a small corner store in NA...we have some other random new items like that too that come from head office (it's corporate stock not normal donations).

No tp, tissues or hand sanitiser has come in on a truck for more than a month and we've been out of that shit for longer than that now

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't talk like that dude
    My diabetes is going for really high blood sugar scores. 546 when I woke up today.

We usually have tp for sale at work, as well as tissues and hand sanitiser. Just small stock not like a supermarket, maybe like a small corner store in NA...we have some other random new items like that too that come from head office (it's corporate stock not normal donations).

No tp, tissues or hand sanitiser has come in on a truck for more than a month and we've been out of that shit for longer than that now
    Well I'll reiterate, we can't handle microbes so we might want to rethink the idea of alien contact. One thing is certain, we'll be all out of TP when the planetoid mothership arrives and all shits are shat soiling ourselves. I personally think SETI is stupid, we're not ready for aliens.
    Last edited by Till; 11th-March-2020 at 16:05. Reason: At least I might die in my sleep...
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I don't wanna know my blood sugar level tbh, I should cut back on chocolate
    I do know that my blood pressure is ok for my age, even though I've been smoking for over 30 years now and don't do any exercise beyond cutting wood etc at home and moving furniture, fridges etc at work. I guess I'm moving around a lot at work too, I don't even sit down for lunch ('cos getting back up just makes me feel tired for the rest of the day and I hate that).
    I don't work every day though, probably be a lot more fit if I did (and dead tired all the time lol).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Perhaps your region is supplied by Chinese manufactures? If that's the case, yes the shortage is real.
    There is no shortage in Canada. Canada has nigh infinite trees to cut down and rub all over our butts The only real reason I've heard for people to buy 2 shopping buggy's full of it here is to mail it off to relatives who are out of it. Although I'm sure our manufactures are happily sending cargo containers of it out to whoever.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

By the way, last night either a kid with an alien mask tried to scare me or I saw a grey alien while having a smoke outside. Ran behind my neighbor's house after about three seconds of standing beside it. I wish I would have taken my cell phone with me to take a photograph.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/japane...tte-gaming-bed

“I wake up and move from my bed to my desk. Why is that so complicated?” the website reads, as translated by Google. “Gaming beds solve this problem.”

I'm getting one!
    Last edited by Till; 11th-March-2020 at 19:05. Reason: Gaming bed!

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

So I saw that the Corona Virus is now a pandemic. Still I'm not that worried about it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    So I saw that the Corona Virus is now a pandemic. Still I'm not that worried about it.
    Yeah well, the WHO classifies gaming as a mental disorder and they're full of shit so take announcements from it with a grain of salt.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    Yeah well, the WHO classifies gaming as a mental disorder and they're full of shit so take announcements from it with a grain of salt.
    That's exactly what I thought. I'm not worried about it either. Isn't the flu more deadly than the virus anyway? Or did I read wrong?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Platina View Post
    That's exactly what I thought. I'm not worried about it either. Isn't the flu more deadly than the virus anyway? Or did I read wrong?
    Yes, this year's strain of flu is deadlier than coronavirus.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Platina View Post
    Right now, yes, but that's with 5 billion victims or something per year. If this corona virus fully gets out, based on its ~2% mortality rate it may have a death toll in the 100 million ballpark... While this corona virus mainly kills the old and already sick (much like influenza) it's mortality rate for the perfectly healthy is similar to the total rate of influenza. Also if there's billions of instances of it mutations of it will likely occur, like influenza. So humanity could very well suffer though yearly rounds of this.

I'm not worried about this in the slightest, this outbreak is still easily controllable. But this is serious. Deadly serious.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    I think we all agree that WHO is a joke.

EDIT: I've got some more steam games to be traded.
    Last edited by LeftyGuitar; 13th-March-2020 at 02:43.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm very happy with my Chromebook. Linux support, can run Windows apps with Crossover and of course Android apps. It's like a Swiss army knife operating system. Future iterations of it will be pretty awesome methinks. I could use a PC but I've pretty much abandoned Windows alltogether, or at least as the real OS and not a virtual one. I still use Windows virtual machines. I can't complain about my XBone, Microsoft knows what it's doing with consoles. Windows 10 however, well that's whole nother story of discombobulation.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Windows 7 isn't too bad. The Xbox360 was and still is a pretty good game system. I still miss that blade interface that was the gui/skin early on in the xbox 360's life cycle. I feel like the future of emulation looks bleak.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My prediction that Windows 11 will be Linux-based with a Windows API for backwards compatibility is not far-fetched,

https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/14/...vailable-soon/

Because Windows 10 sucks major donkey nads. Linux with WINE is currently more compatible with Windows than Windows.

https://www.techradar.com/news/windo...ux-save-us-all

At least Microsoft knows what it's doing with the XBone, I prefer it to the PS4.

reductio ad absurdum