Page 73 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 4007

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Like, Iowa is an at-will state, so they could have fired him for any other reason, but from what we're understanding there was no reason to. He was one of the top delivery drivers so it just feels like they wanted to fire him for getting Covid. Kinda fucked.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    Just found out one of my coworkers tested positive for Covid, and they fired him. Like wtf.
    Jesus christ. I'd imagine he can sue? But I don't know how fucked America is with this whole covid thing.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

It would be a pretty good reason even here where we don't sue willy nilly. Unless other shenanigans are involved and he did something Roxas doesn't know about

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I can see possible grounds for dismissal if he was putting public health at risk just because he wanted to keep working. Maybe wouldn't be able to fire him here though idk.
    It's one of the big reasons this thing keeps spreading, people don't feel that sick and wanna keep doing whatever. It spreads and some people die, the carriers mostly don't give a shit because

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I could be working again, but we've had another small spike of community transmissions in my state due to restaurants (not doing just take-away), schools and other places opening up more.
    I'm not working though until I know there's little chance of me spreading it around family members that wouldn't be able to cope. Maybe a couple more weeks, I'll see.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I'm legit not sure what's going on. I haven't worked since Thursday. Just found out from one of my buddies there (who I went to Highschool with oddly enough) and he told me what happened. There may have been underlying circumstances, but there's no way they'd tell us.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

idk of any place right now that doesn't ask employees a series of covid questions before they can even clock in. If they lied on those questions, then it's justifiable to fire them. Especially if they went to work after having enough suspicion to have themselves tested in the first place. Besides, don't you work for Am*z*n? Like wtf did you expect from a company who heavily funds ICE, refuses to offer hazard pay and fires anyone who speaks out about covid being in the workplace. It will cost them less to settle out of court than to pay a person time-off as well as time-off for anyone else who got sick. Besides, they'll only have to pay a settlement if he survives.

No clue why I returned to work because I don't feel safe there. I repair arcade games in a resort and the only customers who wear masks are the Asian customers who are few and far between. If it weren't for the cost of housing, I could continue designing circuit boards on commission as I had been through last year and quarantine. I guess I went back so I could have health insurance which is hella ironic considering I put my health at risk to have health insurance. :funnynotfunny:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

2020 can shove it. Grandpa is in the hospital cause his Lung Cancer has gotten worse, found out my Step-Mother in Law is an Alcoholic again and Father-in-Law may divorce her, and now we lost a babysitter and I'm more than likely about to lose my new job due to me being a slow motherfucker.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    idk of any place right now that doesn't ask employees a series of covid questions before they can even clock in. If they lied on those questions, then it's justifiable to fire them. Especially if they went to work after having enough suspicion to have themselves tested in the first place. Besides, don't you work for Am*z*n? Like wtf did you expect from a company who heavily funds ICE, refuses to offer hazard pay and fires anyone who speaks out about covid being in the workplace. It will cost them less to settle out of court than to pay a person time-off as well as time-off for anyone else who got sick. Besides, they'll only have to pay a settlement if he survives.

No clue why I returned to work because I don't feel safe there. I repair arcade games in a resort and the only customers who wear masks are the Asian customers who are few and far between. If it weren't for the cost of housing, I could continue designing circuit boards on commission as I had been through last year and quarantine. I guess I went back so I could have health insurance which is hella ironic considering I put my health at risk to have health insurance. :funnynotfunny:
    Yeah we get our temps checked every morning before our shift. I'm sure they checked his, found out he had a high fever and had him tested. It's all just messed up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just found out they're giving my Grandpa less than 3 months to live. And I just. Don't know how to process this.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    I only got back to work this week and it's a real shit show. I repair arcade games but the resort I am contracted in doesn't have any fucking clue on how to handle their guests. That is just this year though. Last year I was living in my van all over the country and would have stopped by, but you were nowhere to be found. I hung out with a few EP'ers.
    Well shit. I missed out

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Long lost son?

Maury said I AM THE FATHER

Thanks
    EP Points

Just found out one of my coworkers tested positive for Covid, and they fired him. Like wtf.
    Illegal. He will be your new boss soon.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Illegal. He will be your new boss soon.
    Easily could have fired him for something else though is the problem. Fuck Iowa and being an At-Will state. And fuck the company I work for.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just found out they're giving my Grandpa less than 3 months to live. And I just. Don't know how to process this.
    I'm so sorry,Ace ventura. I lost my grandpa years ago. My condolences.