Page 75 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 4007

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    My brother has been talking about the tabletop sim. I'll mention your upload to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Looks neat! I'll make sure to try it out.
    Thanks guys. It's not the best game but it was a fun project to get uploaded.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've been working on a Java wrapper for SDL2. Java is a programming language I'm not fond, but I could use the practice. At least JNI makes wrapping DLLs rather easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Was cleaning up some carts etc, using isopropyl alcohol, magic eraser, also eucalyptus oil.

THINK I'M HIGH NOW BUT NOT SURE

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Was cleaning up some carts etc, using isopropyl alcohol, magic eraser, also eucalyptus oil.

THINK I'M HIGH NOW BUT NOT SURE
    If you have to ask.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I do not like an all digital future.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,301 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    I do not like an all digital future.
    Yeah. Used sales drive price drops.
    If the latest Call of Daddy comes out, some guy will play it for 2 weeks and then sell it for whatever the market will give him. An abundance of those sales make it hard for the game to sell at full price, so the price is cut to drive further new sales. Without the secondary market, they can price stuff however they like, for as long as they like.

The casual consumer will grab those digital consoles because they're saving money. But in the long run, they'll lose big time.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

I get physical so I also get digital license

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    If the latest Call of Daddy comes out, some guy will play it for 2 weeks and then sell it for whatever the market will give him. An abundance of those sales make it hard for the game to sell at full price, so the price is cut to drive further new sales. Without the secondary market, they can price stuff however they like, for as long as they like.

The casual consumer will grab those digital consoles because they're saving money. But in the long run, they'll lose big time.
    Not only that, but digital can go away at anytime. If I do get a PS5, it will be the one with a physical drive. On top of a all digital future, my internet is slow AF. Its sorta ironic, but I think since a lot of the U.S. has sub-par internet, that might be way not everything has gone fully digital yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

Installing Batocera on an old Acer Aspire One netbook

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is very true.

I buy a fair number of Blu Rays for which there is basically no used market. The only people buying tend to be people collecting. Sometimes the initial amount of supply doesn't even meet the pre-order demand so this has led to me just pre-ordering everything I want. The prices never go under that anyway. When there are "sales" the best ones tend to just match what the pre-order price was.

This is starting to happen with video games from smaller publishing companies as well. Some games NISA puts out within a year are impossible to find new and they are not reprinting them. :/
    Last edited by Gypsy; 6th-July-2020 at 13:19.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,301 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    This is starting to happen with video games from smaller publishing companies as well. Some games NISA puts out within a year are impossible to find new and they are not reprinting them. :/
    I was shocked when the last Atelier hit $100. I haven't bought the last 3 or so of them, because I noticed all the previous ones drift down to $20. Thankfully it picked up a small PS4 reprint.

I'm worried about all the talk of Gamestop USA going under. If that happens, nigh every niche title will be unfindable outside of eBay.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

If that happens, nigh every niche title will be unfindable outside of eBay.
    It has been like that over here for many years already and EB stores are still open.
    Even some non-niche titles are hard to find. Eg Dead Rising 1 & 2 Xbox One are virtually impossible to find here. A local guy sold both a few weeks ago used for around $35aud each.
    I'm trying to import those new from the US atm but I don't like my chances of them turning up undamaged...if at all.

EB sucks atm anyway, both local stores are refusing to handle cash (been like that for months).
    I refuse to use the local online store because it's nearly unresponsive sometimes, plus there is no way of knowing what will turn up (new games not sealed, used games in generic case with no manual).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was shocked when the last Atelier hit $100. I haven't bought the last 3 or so of them, because I noticed all the previous ones drift down to $20. Thankfully it picked up a small PS4 reprint.

I'm worried about all the talk of Gamestop USA going under. If that happens, nigh every niche title will be unfindable outside of eBay.
    Yeah I did similar with Atelier. Not sure if I'm going to get back into it, maybe at some point. Ys VIII PS4 could really use a reprint.

I think BestBuy gets everything in too but BB and Amazon becoming the only options for a lot of releases would suck.

Thanks
    EP Points

Does anyone know if NIS games come with a manual for the physical version? I know XSeed games has manuals with their games, just wondering if NIS does. I wish all games still came with manuals.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Does anyone know if NIS games come with a manual for the physical version? I know XSeed games has manuals with their games, just wondering if NIS does. I wish all games still came with manuals.
    Just checked the shelf and Langrisser on Switch does not.