Page 114 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 4007

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

There's a lot of talk about ZeniMax atm, was reading some stuff and saw something I didn't even realise.
    Apparently there are 2 titles (Deathloop and GhostWire Tokyo) that M$ will release that are timed Sony exclusives, they'll do that because they generally honour agreements.
    Now the rumour is those titles will go straight to gamepass when the timed exclusive period is finished.

Also, speculation about future TES/Fallout games being console exclusives or at least timed exclusives (which I already though about myself).
    Even if the future titles stay cross platform then there's a fair chance they'll be gamepass day 1 anyway.
    Existing game catalogue should be all coming to gamepass, I'm not 100% sure if this has been confirmed but it seems logical.

Future Bethesda games will be on Xbox, PC,
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Spencer
    and other consoles on a case by case basis.
    Some people are wildly speculating as M$ now owns Obsidian and Bethesda (re: New Vegas 2).

Man there's a lot of hype

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    I wonder if $70 is going to be the new norm for new games? I remember PS1 games being $30-$40 new.
    A lot of new games are around that here, some are even around the $90-100 mark but our currency is closer to Canadian value.
    Canadians get good deals on new games afaik but Zal can verify that.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Also I'm not talking about Switch games. Most of those games have really dumb prices here but then the console itself is a stupid price.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Been pretty consistent where I live. 70-80 bucks has been pretty much average for 30 years. Even going back to the Snes. But I agree PSX games could sometimes be cheaper iirc.

I remember buying FF7 for 99.99 at a Sony store a week before release. There's always exceptions.

Thanks
    EP Points

Eg I'm paying around $90aud for Mafia Trilogy Xbox One preorder physical, local release version not imported. That's around $62usd.
    Haven't got it yet but it has shipped, postal services here have really slowed down in the last few weeks due to restrictions in Melbourne (which is the main sorting hub for my state). Plus it's the weekend atm (no mail) and the local PO will be closed for renovations Monday and Tuesday.
    So I won't see it until Wednesday next week now

Still, it's much cheaper than preorder from the likes of EB Games. Think more than $100aud.
    I could've gone cheaper by importing from EU but then have to wait for 6-8 weeks

I think the day 1 version (no preorder DLC) is selling for more than $100aud most places here.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    There's a lot of talk about ZeniMax atm, was reading some stuff and saw something I didn't even realise.
    Apparently there are 2 titles (Deathloop and GhostWire Tokyo) that M$ will release that are timed Sony exclusives, they'll do that because they generally honour agreements.
    Now the rumour is those titles will go straight to gamepass when the timed exclusive period is finished.

Also, speculation about future TES/Fallout games being console exclusives or at least timed exclusives (which I already though about myself).
    Even if the future titles stay cross platform then there's a fair chance they'll be gamepass day 1 anyway.
    Existing game catalogue should be all coming to gamepass, I'm not 100% sure if this has been confirmed but it seems logical.

Future Bethesda games will be on Xbox, PC,

Some people are wildly speculating as M$ now owns Obsidian and Bethesda (re: New Vegas 2).

Man there's a lot of hype
    M$ has always been forthwith about their core games always being on Game pass. I imagine the day TES 6 comes out it will be on their service day 1 for example. It remains to be seen if they'll be douche bags and limit releases for other systems from their *ahem* recent acquisitions

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    It remains to be seen if they'll be douche bags and limit releases for other systems from their *ahem* recent acquisitions
    If they own it they're entitled to do what they want really. Sony and Nintendo do it, hell Sony got those 2 games to be timed exclusives and they didn't even own those devs If anything is a douche bag move that is, but whatever, that's the industry.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

It's likely they'll still release games for other systems, well at least PS5 anyway.
    Make money from a rival platform and use those sales to subsidise the titles being on gamepass day 1
    Own enough devs and it's a good way to kill another hardware manufacturer, or at least hurt it badly.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    If they own it they're entitled to do what they want really. Sony and Nintendo do it, hell Sony got those 2 games to be timed exclusives and they didn't even own those devs If anything is a douche bag move that is, but whatever, that's the industry.
    Oh of course but Microsoft's game business model right now is going for the whole warm and fuzzy thing

And they're making money from it. They claim Ultimate Game pass is at 15 mil monthly subscribers. Sure they give out a lot of 1 and 3 month passes all the time with promotions or game points or packaged with new systems but if you pay 15-20 bucks a month for the service well do the math. That could be a couple hundred mil a month to go around for them and devs - devs not even owned by them too.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 26th-September-2020 at 06:15.

Thanks
    EP Points

Crysis remastered is apparently broken on XB1 X. Something about ray tracing and frame drops.
    The joke going around is that it can't run Crysis on max settings
    There's talk of a patch to fix it, but idk.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Oh of course but Microsoft's game business model right now is going for the whole warm and fuzzy thing

And they're making money from it. They claim Ultimate Game pass is at 15 mil monthly subscribers. Sure they give out a lot of 1 and 3 month passes all the time with promotions or game points or packaged with new systems but if you pay 15-20 bucks a month for the service well do the math. That's a probably a couple hundred mil a month to go around for them and devs - devs not even owned by them too.
    Yeah and supporting old games. The other 2 players have been really obviously squeezing money from their fanbases just to have old games.
    The only real issues Xbox has had with that is licenses (so some games delisted even if temporarily) but that happens with other platforms anyway.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Here I am going all pro Xbox.

What the hell happened to me?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I'm just hyped because of the possibilities with some of the future games, or even remasters/remakes of some old ones.
    It's possible we may see more titles pushed out faster instead of Skyrim ports to whatever, not that I hate Skyrim quite the opposite.
    Wouldn't it be great if Morrowind was remade for consoles? Sony never got it at all, there are heaps of PC mods so it should be doable.
    Obsidian making spin-off titles.
    When I was looking at Commandos 2 remaster the other day the thought popped into my head about old Fallout games being redone.

More single player games would be great, although co-op would be even better. MMO games do sell but not everyone wants to see their beloved franchises end up just being that way with no options.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

As for being pro Xbox. I don't think I'm that idk
    I'm more devil's advocate than anything really.
    I've owned all sorts of consoles over the years and have plenty of Sony gear still, even Ninty hardware.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I for one don't mind who owns Bethesda as long as the modding policy remains the same.
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum