Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778
Results 1,156 to 1,157 of 1157

Thread: what have you read recently?

Thanks

I just finished "Das Lied von Eis und Feuer 5" (A song of ice and fire) by George R. R. Martin. The book is just great, I can't wait to read the next part, but I'm currently reading "Es" (Don't really know the original name - perhaps "It") by Stephan King. I read the first hundred pages, but till yet it's not that good. On the one hand there is a nice atmosphere, but on the other hand it's a bit boring. I hope it will be better. And I'm reading "Die Chronik der Unsterblichen 8" (The chronicle of the immortals) by Wolfgang Hohlbein. Much better than the dissapointing part 7, but it doesn't reach the beginning of the season.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I finished Brother Odd just now. Those books seemed to get stranger and stranger, not a bad thing by any means (at least not in this case), and the third was no exception. I'd honestly recommend the three books to almost anyone, and I believe that anyone that reads them would do the same.

On another note, I'm about to start reading Sacrifice of the Widow by Lisa Smeldan. It's the first part in a series that apparently takes place after the War of the Spider Queen series (it's a Forgotten Realms book by the way), and if Lisa can continue the story as well as the first 6 authors did, I won't have any reason to be disappointed.

edit: This thread seems to be dead...

edit2: /on topic: Since I posted last, I've finished Sacrifice of the Widow, Fall of Reach, and The Flood. I'm currently rereading the Dark Elf Trilogy by Salvatore.

edit3: /off topic: I wonder if there's gonna be another Wheel of Time book... Robert Jordan, the author, died recently, but wanted the series finished in one last book (he even left notes of how he wanted the storyline to go, in case the worst happened, which it did).

edit4: Okay, these edits are getting a little too frequent.... Anyway, I finished the Dark Elf Trilogy, and now I'm reading the Icewind Dale Trilogy.

edit5: This thread really is dead........ anyway.... reading Legacy of the Drow.
    Last edited by Tanthias; 14th-October-2007 at 00:37.