Thread: Having trouble with my sega emulator(GENS)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Having trouble with my sega emulator(GENS)

I downloaded shining force cd...and i set up the sega cd bios in the gens emulator but when i get passed the sega cd screen then the sga screen with sonic on it...a black screen comes up and says the following

Backup RAM Cartridge is not initialized. Press reset and go to the control screen to initialize.

What do i do guys I really wanted to play this game.

Update
    Now, for a quick rundown of the files. sfcore.rar contains the base image of the game, which is playable through Gens, gensdos.zip and genswin.zip. The text file is a walkthrough if you get stuck (which is damn-near impossible) and usscd9306.zip contains the Sega CD BIOS from '93, the most recent one for Sega CD. sfaudio.rar, sfaudio.r00, and sfaudio.r01 are the optional audio tracks for Shining Force CD, they are not needed to play the game. After configuring Gens, hit any button besides start during the Sega CD boot-up sequence and select initialize the RAM banks so it will be possible to save your state (and allow the game to load). If you still are lost, drop Nem an e-mail or message him on IRC.

Why does my dumb ass ever read something before downloading........smack me someboady!
    Last edited by Articwolf; 22nd-July-2003 at 08:47.
    Over 400+ Gaming Vids @ Doctorwordsworth's
    Need an Avatar? Stop by Planet of Avatars!
    For Video game documentation of any kind head on over to Game Docs 'R' Us!

Thanks

Load the iso and don't click the start button while loading, press A or B or C to init. the RAM banks. Then Save state your game.