Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: FTP Client or Server problems? Post here. All other threads auto-closed

Currently Believed to be in the Grand Bahamas
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MusikFreak00
    ok, im having a real tough time with this FTP im trying to set up. I have followed everything to the letter with the tutorials on this site. I am using GuildFTPd and I am behind a linksys router. I have port 21 forwarded to this computer. Everything is exactly the way its supposed to be. When I try to connect to the FTP, using either SmartFTP or IE, GuildFTP crashes. "GuildFTP deamon has encountered a problem and needs to close." I have tried using DNS4me and Serve-U as well, they crash too when I try to connect. I assume it's probably a problem with my router, but everything is EXACTLY the way its supposed to be (Ive checked it like 15 times now) anyone else have a problem like this? If so, please help, I would love to get this site up.
    i have teh same problem, same software, same settings, except i have a belkin router...but also, port 21 is forwarded...and just to be sure, i put my comp in the dmz and forwarded all the passive ports and everything...and my friend still cant connect...

<font style="filter:glow(color=#ff0000, strength=3);height=1px">
    If the enemy is in sight, so are you.</font>

Thanks

I've been trying to set up an FTP (I used the guide on this forum) so I can share some stuff between me and one of my buddies. However he kept timing out. Then I had a couple of people try it, they timed out. They also timed out when trying to ping me.

Now I don't have a router or firewall, and I'm using Qwest DSL. Suggestions please?

Oh yeah, using GuildFTP.

I used the original IP it gave me, which made everyone time out.

Then I went to whatismyip.com and got that one, and entered it manually. Then the connection was just refused.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    I used the original IP it gave me, which made everyone time out.

Then I went to whatismyip.com and got that one, and entered it manually. Then the connection was just refused.

www.no-ip.com

you can set up a free domain name with them example http://whatever u want.no-ip.com

they have a program that updates the ip of the domain if your running a site or ftp from your computer

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?the_catastrophic_c4

Thanks

Hey it ry to set up my ip , gateway etc. manually so i can maek an ftp server and welll it is not working :'(

It says it's connected but doesnt' go to anythign and i ping my router (when i have it set up manually) and it doesnt' reach

Netgear router
    2500+ prc
    512 dual channel ram
    80 gig
    cable modem hooekd to the router witch is wireless to my computer

plz help :'(

Thanks

I can't connect to ANY FTP's at all. I've tried most from here, and a couple of my own to test them, and they just refuse to connect. I've tried in both Passive and Active mode, and also in Binary and ASCII transfer modes. Any help would be appeciatied.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Neighbour
    I can't connect to ANY FTP's at all. I've tried most from here, and a couple of my own to test them, and they just refuse to connect. I've tried in both Passive and Active mode, and also in Binary and ASCII transfer modes. Any help would be appeciatied.
    Wich client are ya using??

Thanks

Smart FTP.

Sorry, shoulda put that in my first post...

Thanks

Are you behind a router or firewall?

And I use FlashFXP , it's a very nice and easy to use app for ftps
    meh

Thanks

I had started a ftp and i got someone onto it BUT when he went to download it gave some eror (i forget what error) i think like couldn't download or something.... any ideas? i know you might not be able to help w/ no info on the error code but yea...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm not entirely sure, but he might be running into this problem because you didn't give him download permission. In other words, he can view the contents of your FTP, but not download anything.

Thanks

I checked and it said read i think only (let me check now) ah i can't find it at the moment but how do i give him acces....(i'm using guildFTPd)

I

Thanks

I am not familiar with ftp clients. I just copy the link to the ISO into the url entry in the FTP client? Do I need a username and password too, or what

Thanks

i use guildftpd and when i go to my ftp then click emulators it says 425 download failed.... any ideas?

Thanks

The only thing that would resemble a firewall would be my server, which hasn't got any firewalls enabled...

Thanks

Hey I'm the person that posted in the wrong area, but anyways I need some help..
    I can connect to my server from different area about one time then it won't work.
    I transfer file from this computer to a remote computer and it works. Once

Setup (Not my pc , my server)
    Intel P3 733
    Memory PC800 256MB
    40GB hardrive
    10/100 Lan
    Nvidia XFX Geforce 5600 XT Turbo Charge Cache enable
    "I mail XFX and they mail me a program for my server for a little bit more speed"