Quote Originally Posted by MusikFreak00
ok, im having a real tough time with this FTP im trying to set up. I have followed everything to the letter with the tutorials on this site. I am using GuildFTPd and I am behind a linksys router. I have port 21 forwarded to this computer. Everything is exactly the way its supposed to be. When I try to connect to the FTP, using either SmartFTP or IE, GuildFTP crashes. "GuildFTP deamon has encountered a problem and needs to close." I have tried using DNS4me and Serve-U as well, they crash too when I try to connect. I assume it's probably a problem with my router, but everything is EXACTLY the way its supposed to be (Ive checked it like 15 times now) anyone else have a problem like this? If so, please help, I would love to get this site up.
i have teh same problem, same software, same settings, except i have a belkin router...but also, port 21 is forwarded...and just to be sure, i put my comp in the dmz and forwarded all the passive ports and everything...and my friend still cant connect...