Thread: goemon's great adventure graphic bug? N64

mecharmor23 Guest

Default goemon's great adventure graphic bug? N64

I'm currently playing Goemon's Great Adventure for the N64. According to the emulator specs, the plugins I use and the hardware I have, should not have any problems in this game.

Everything in this game seems to work fine, but when it comes to an underwater level, the graphics are messed up. It is either a black screen or screwed up wacko graphics. Also it has the same problem on different emulators and video plugins too, maybe there is an option i forgot to select?? If you have played this game then what settings did you use?? Sometimes the sky is messed up and Goemon gold pipe and Sasuke's Gold daggers seems to show up as wrong colors too......

I'm currently using:

Nemu64 0.8 latest version
    Daedalus Rice plugin 5.1d (sometimes Jabo's 1.5 but same results

My computer specs are:
    AMD athlon 800MHZ
    512MB SDRAM
    Soundblaster LIVE
    Geforce 2 32MB
    Windows 98

Ironically that the emulator says this game works and everyone else seems to have no problem with it????

moo100times Guest

probably a compatability error, cos it happens with a few games no matter what u try. u might want to try a different version of the rom if that one is unplayable

Thanks

Is it a bad ROM maybe? (That's the only reccomendation I ever have... :\)
    "Traveler"
    Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
    CPU: Devil's Canyon i5 @ 4.0GHz
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2400MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti
    Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX
    Drive: Trend Micro 128GB SSD

MolsenMI Guest

Default Re: goemon's great adventure graphic bug? N64

Originally posted by mecharmor23
    Ironically that the emulator says this game works
    This means the game starts up and the first 5 minutes or so seem perfectly playable.

It is no guarantee that the game will have no problems or errors throughout the entire game.

My suggestion is to mess with the settings and try things like "wireframe" to see if you can get the picture to a somewhat playable state in order to get past that part.

I remember having to fight a boss in Jet Force Gemini under wireframe mode because there was no picture otherwise. You'll be able to make out the images just fine, but you'll probably have trouble if you need to pick out certain colored images (as there is pretty much no color, just outlines of everything). Just consult a FAQ and try to get past the part.