Thread: snes9x problem

Thanks

Default snes9x problem

I downloaded snes9x onto my laptop (to the desktop of my laptop). I have the application file and the faq-windows file, the snes9x license file, the readme-windows file, all on my desktop. When I try to activate the snes9x file, I get this message:

The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx1_92.dll was not found. Try reinstalling.

Only I'm confused. I didn't "install" snes9x. I unzipped it.
    What does this mean? Have I done anything wrong? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi Michael Wolff try this one > this site snes 9x emu 160 if does work tell me ok and u have win zip file download and or u have win rar download file ok https://www.emucr.com/2019/04/snes9x-v160.html
    winzip file site is this http://www.winzip.com and win rar file http://www.winrar.com and u are welcome
    Last edited by CoolingSmartManWayDay; 30th-September-2019 at 02:50. Reason: Snes9x emu 160 download

Thanks

Tried the sbes9x emu 160 site - no go. Download of zipped file failed. Also tried the emucr link. Also no go. Every link leads me to a screen saying the link has been removed. Now what?

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi Michael Wolff try this site snes 9x emu 160 and this one have windows 32 bit and windows 64 bit snes 9x emu 160 downloads click this site ok enjoy this site ok https://www.emulator-zone.com/snes/snes9x
    Last edited by CoolingSmartManWayDay; 20th-October-2019 at 03:27.

Thanks

Try unzipping somewhere other than on the desktop itself, and make sure the entire zip file is unzipped into that location. If you prefer quick access from the desktop, just create a folder there and unzip into that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sounds to me from the original post as if whatever the first package the OP downloaded was not not zipped in a folder and when it was unzipped he ended up with all the contents separate on the desktop. If so it is not surprising it did not work.

Using 7Zip (recommended) always check before unzipping just how it has been packaged by clicking on the zip file. If it shows a SNES9x folder and you then click on that and can see the contents then my speculation was wrong. But if the first click on the zipped folder shows the contents then you need to use the 7Zip option "Extract to........" same name folder as the zipped folder.