Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do You Hang Up On Advertisement Callers?

Thanks
    EP Points

Hell yeah i do...they call, i hang up, they call back...its like were not giving up till u buy our product...i hate them...

cSlash Guest

I usually hang up on phone salesmen, except when there good opportunities lurking in, like the time a NewYork Times guy called, said I wasnt interested, kept going on, said "look pal, i live in atlanta, why the hell should i buy NewYorks paper?" (yes, i know its a national paper), he said well, its a national paper that was started in ny, i said look pal, i dont even read the free local paper, i dont want no paper from ny, damn youre thick, i think he removed my house from the phone list. It was funnier when it happened, its hard to type and still have all the good details in.

Thanks

yeah, all the time they piss me off and sometimes i am called for surveys i hang up when i hear that word
    i should be a retrod00d ><

DeathChicken Guest

Have to, pretty much.....otherwise they almost always try to slip in one of their "soletmejustsignyouupforitnowifyoudontlikecancelby e" deals

Then I end up with charges for crap I never bought that I have to spend weeks contesting

darkwizard Guest

I hang up on them every time

IceBlasphemy Guest

i always say something stupid/annoying to teach them a lesson, and then i hang up. and if they call back, i blow up at 'em!

Dark Wanderer Guest

Thats a big yes for me

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I tend to hang up on them. I understand they are merely doing thier job, and I really don't mean any ill will towards them. The reason I tend to hang up on them is more out of spite towards the people that employ them then anything. See, if I want to know about a product or sign up for a service or whatever, I'LL CALL THEM! I do not appriciate my time being stolen by arseholes trying to sell me something.

Oh, and then there's the fact that alot of these solicitors are employed by companies who take accounts from businesses and call whoever's on those businesses lists. Meaning that wether or not they sell something to you, they still get payed. I have no problem with hanging up on them when I consider that...