Thread: Please Help an old USAF Vet!

Thanks

Default Please Help an old USAF Vet!

Hello,

I've been following Mame and its different versions off and on for the past twenty years, but have lost track of all the different versions due to being away in the Military.

Can someone please be kind and show me a site/or link(s) to the latest version of Mame that has the most/if not all current Roms and chds, I believe Mame is on version 0.209?

I downloaded some rooms from here and fiddled with Mame 0.198 as I saw that they had a pretty good list of supported Roms, so I went with that version, can you use Roms from a previous version of Mame into a later version i.e. 0.198 to 0.209???

Everything I read so far suggests you can not but I remember you could in the beginning, can anyone tell me what samples are? I guess we're suppose to add them into our games sub-directory?

MAME
    roms
    aburner.zip
    aburner2.zip
    (chd(s) if applicable)
    samples

One last question/request, I'm looking for the beachhead 2000/02/03 series I have the chds but need the roms bhead2ka.zip bhead2k2.zip bhead2k3.zip.

Thanks So Much to All!

- GameHead -

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The MAME version most compatible with every ROM is 037B11.

MAME O37B11 official release: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. I sent you a PM about the ROMs. A Google search for "MAME 037B11 ROMs" and the emulator above should be all you need to get started.
    Last edited by Till; 31st-May-2019 at 19:34. Reason: Happy gaming!
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks

Duh! Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am running on Windows 10 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5.2400G. with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.60Ghz 16GB RAM (IDK) if this all means anything or not (Sorry!)Thank you for trying to help me Return of Dill, but windows wouldn't open Mame (not Compatible)
    Last edited by MikeG65; 31st-May-2019 at 20:32.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG65 View Post
    Duh! Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am running on Windows 10 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5.2400G. with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.60Ghz 16GB RAM (IDK) if this all means anything or not (Sorry!)Thank you for trying to help me Return of Dill, but windows wouldn't open Mame (not Compatible)
    First try runnimg in compatibility mode:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/s...ode-windows-10

If that doesn't work you could install a Windows 7 ISO or Ubuntu Linux and install WINE, on Virtualbox.
    https://www.virtualbox.org/

How to install WINE on Ubuntu: https://askubuntu.com/questions/6630...oftware-center

There is also Lubuntu if you want more performance because it's lightweight, Mint is another good Linux distro. You can also try instaling Linux directly on your hard drive by burning the ISO, after install you'll be prompted to boot into Windows or Linux at startup. There are MAME versions for Linux, http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...ppa-in-ubuntu/
    Last edited by Till; 31st-May-2019 at 21:26. Reason: Suggested virtualization of Windows 7 or a Linux distro with WINE...
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum