Thread: Super Mario Advance 4

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Super Mario Advance 4

i heard ther bringing super mario advance 4 out roundabout september, its a mix between smb2 + smb3, ne 1 else heard about this.i think it luks gud, luks way better than the other smb games on gba.i wunder wat Super Mario Advance 5 will be, hopefully an rpg game

u can find screenshots here

i luv the frog suit
    Last edited by Deach; 11th-July-2003 at 02:07.

eVoLeno Guest

Ive got the Jap rom...... I want Mario World 3!!! I hope that'll be 5!

Thanks

Looks like a great game. Can't wait for it to come out.

boooyabrandon Guest

It was just delayed until October

Thanks
    EP Points

i think that they need to make a new Mario game for GBA... i have all the old one...

Thanks
    EP Points

yea but this new 1 will have turnip things that u can pull from the ground like in smb2 and hav the cape from super mario world and i think its got sum other new stuff, but it looks like well hav 2 wait and c wat this new game has in store

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"There's been some confusion since Super Mario Advance 4's announcement about what exactly this version of SMB3 would contain. Nintendo has previously released screenshots showing Mario using the cape from Super Mario World and hoisting vegetables over his head, � la Super Mario Bros. 2. This led to some speculation that the company was heavily modifying the trademark gameplay that made Super Mario Bros. 3 unique, a notion that many classic gaming purists found extremely displeasing. We're happy to report that these new additions to the game are in fact part of Super Mario Advance 4's e-Reader support and not modifications to the original game. This should come as a relief to players who were afraid of having unwelcome alterations to their beloved SMB3 foisted upon them. We got to see a partial list of the e-Cards that will be available for the game, and it seems Nintendo is planning to add a substantial amount of content via the e-Reader. Some cards will simply add power-ups to your current game--for instance, an unlimited-use leaf card would let you add the leaf item, which lets you become Raccoon Mario, to your inventory as often as you like. Other cards will open secret levels in which Mario gains abilities not found in the core game (such as flying with the cape). Some other cards will actually show you prerecorded demos of interesting things in the game, such as an example of how to pull off the aforementioned 99-life trick in level 1-2. Nintendo hasn't yet decided how these cards will be distributed--they could be packaged with other games, sold separately, or included with magazines. However they make their way to players' hands, Super Mario Advance 4's e-Cards should extend the replay value of the game considerably."

Taken from: http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/s...w_6071140.html

Thanks

hehhe it sure looked exactly like SMB3
    _______________________________ ____________________

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Personally, I think they should introduce new Mario games. The old ones are growing stale with all of the versions available of them, and it's not like they're all that rare to find. You can buy Mario 3 off eBay for maybe 15 USD. If you want to be a collector, you could probably get the complete version (box, manual, et cetera) for about 20 USD.

I want to see newer Mario games, not the old stuff remade. That's just me, though.

Thanks
    EP Points

i wud like 2 c mario rpg games for gba

Thanks

Originally posted by Drageuth
    I want to see newer Mario games, not the old stuff remade. That's just me, though.
    I totally agree. Its good that they are re-introducing the 'classic' Mario games for the noobs who havent played them but they gotta make a new one soon. Hopefully they will .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I too would like to see a new Mario game released on the GBA, but at the same time I'm glad they are giving us the chance to play some of the best games created, on our GBA's. I think that's the greatest thing ever. People have wanted portable versions of the Mario series forever, and now we have them.

Thanks

Personally, I think they should introduce new Mario games. The old ones are growing stale with all of the versions available of them, and it's not like they're all that rare to find. You can buy Mario 3 off eBay for maybe 15 USD. If you want to be a collector, you could probably get the complete version (box, manual, et cetera) for about 20 USD.

It would be nice if they made Super Mario RPG 2 or something, eh? The first game was fun