Thread: epsxe 2.0.5 -- Cannot revert fast forward and cannot navigate the FPS menu

Thanks

Default epsxe 2.0.5 -- Cannot revert fast forward and cannot navigate the FPS menu

Hi! I'm having a little issue with my emulator, and I was hoping I could get some help.

When I press F4 to fast forward, it does so, but I can't turn it off by pressing it again, and I need to reset the emulator to get normal framerate. Not only that, I can't navigate the GPU menus at all with DELETE, PG DN, etc, before or after turning on fast forward.

Is there a way I might be able to fix this? I don't recall having this problem a year or so ago, so maybe there's something I can adjust?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Is this a save state issue?
    I mean have you tried to load a proper save.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

No, it's not a save state or standard save issue. It's right when I boot up the game.

But if it helps, I did forget another tidbit: when the game loads to the opening cinematic/credits (I've tried it with the Final Fantasies and a few other games) I can't fast forward at all. I can fast forward before the game itself loads on the black screen (If that makes sense), but at that point I can't turn it off.

I tried loading some saves but because it's past booting the game itself up, I can't fast forward it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmmm have you changed video plugins lately? As I recall this was a feature not native to epsxe itself but only for various video plugins (Like the Pete ones I think) Also I don't think this is exactly a perfect feature - Use at your own risk kinda deal.

Thanks

I tried tinkering around with other video plugins, but it's generally a similar issue. The one I tended to use was Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9, which is what I have currently.

But I have been playing around with the video plugin settings itself to see if I can get it to work like it used to. Is it possible that the other plugins (Input, audio, etc.) could be affecting it?