Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: have you ever cried playing JRPG/any RPG game?

Thanks

Smile have you ever cried playing JRPG/any RPG game?

Howdy..

thanks to Emuparadise, i have discovered so many JRPG i missed when i was a child. that time i saw 20+ JRPG game on sale but i don't have money so i have to borrow it from my friend and one game, that successfully make me cried. called Rhapsody : A Musical Adventure (developed by Nippon Ichi, known for its Disgaea games on PC). this game successfuly make me cried when i was child, and still is even though now im 21. due to its storyline, songs and gameplay that is not easy yet not hard. makes the game truly perfect for me. especially on the storyline. the storyline is so perfect and truly give the storyline "golden story" feel. added with the ending that truly hits me in the feels.. i have finished this game twice now and i heard there is sequel to this game but sadly it never get translated..

so guys, what games that makes you cried? have you ever played game on retro console or modern console that successfully hits you in the feel? let me know..
    Hype for the Retro Games

Thanks
    EP Points

I am proud to say, without even knowing what I was getting myself into and having loved Mystic Quest without even knowing it was a Final Fantasy...

*kills every scoffer in sight/site*

I STRAIGHT BAWLED WHEN AERITH DIED ERMIGERD

And I will
    KILL THE MAN
    that even flinches unexpectedly with a glimmer of possible negative connotation at this admission!!

(I was like twelve or something and had no clue... just no clue how close to my heart...
    well.. how far from it I was...
    etc)

Oh and I gotta add: while tears reamed my face, and only Cloud was left standing since he had the ring from Costa Del Sol basement, I mashed a final epic Climhazzard into Jenova's FACE and darted to the heavens beyond... my... final heaven...
    *cue that Nobu nyugga*
    Currently playing:
    ~~ Pokemon Emerald on VBA ~~ Star Ocean on ZSNES ~~ Tales of Phantasia on ZSNES ~~ Star Ocean: The Second Story on ePSXe ~~ Breath of Fire III on ePSXe

Thanks
    EP Points

Of course. But don't you dare say girls are whiners.
    The first to come to my mind are Final Fantasy X (the kissing scene with Yuna crying) and Lost Odyssey (some memories were really really touching).
    Also the ending of The Last Remnant was really something.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moana For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers, oh god, the memories

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes, I was playing Neverwinter online when it was in BETA and it fried my Alienware laptop's GPU. :'(
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks

Final Fantasy 7 - When Aeris was killed.
    Lost Odyssey - Like Moana said, memories and stuff was very touching.
    Final Fantasy 10 - Tidus and Auron at the end.
    Check out my Youtube Channel!

Gameplay, pick-up videos, and more!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUt...tspuRkFqdZ1lMg

Thanks

Every single Persona game.

Thanks

No.

Closest to this was actually the ending of 'Link's Awakening' on the Gayme Boy lol. That struck me as really poignant, and best illustrated loss to me in a video game.

I guess the second closest to that is the ending of Super Mario RPG LOL (not trolling). Just because it was all over, and the music, and the good times, and the characters going their own ways; idk, it was intensely bittersweet and moving to me and I got really in to it and like a child even tho I was truly 11 or 12. That game contains the greatest of my childhood heart in it, it's a wonder how it never grows stale to me, always seems hip, always makes me love and respect it and look back on it fondly. Just seeing anything from it or hearing the music instantly makes me happy.

Yeah, I guess when I got into the Final Fantasy series in my adolescence and early adulthood, I had more emotional intelligence and comprehension despite little life experience, and there were some sad moments in the games, but crying at a video game? Lol no. I don't cry even at songs or movies until just within recent years, but that is what is going to make me squirt a couple like a girl
    Last edited by deadlegion; 10th-July-2019 at 06:43. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

I hate JRPG and traditional turn based RPGs with a passion and always will. I've tried FFVII, FFVIII, Skies Of Arcadia, Grandia I & II, Legend Of Dragoon, Alundra and handful of others.

The only emotion they create for me is one of bored disinterest in both characters and storyline. Crying because of a video game story? Not in a million years, I've never emotionally invested that way in any game.

My strongest emotion provoked by games is actually anger, usually at the games developers for doing something or not doing something that has borderline ruined an otherwise great game. I also hate cheating by the AI. A twenty year old RTS game I play regularly can still get my blood boiling by doing things no other human player could possibly do in a game type where that just should not be happening.

I will admit I was touched by the developing, simply depicted relationship between Ico and Yorda and emotionally conflicted by having to kill the fantastic monsters in Shadow Of The Colossus. I like to know why I'm killing something and doing that, apparently just to resurrect a dead(?) girl, is morally questionable. I do like that sort of sophisticated dilemma in a game story where it is suggesting or even making it clear you are not the the hero and, at least in part, actually the bad guy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbysmalDark View Post
    My strongest emotion provoked by games is actually anger
    Obviously that is the primary emotion a game creates, and it's not worth mentioning, because we all know that, and the question is about sadness caused by an RPG story. Otherwise I'd say that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbysmalDark View Post
    I will admit I was touched by the developing, simply depicted relationship between Ico and Yorda and emotionally conflicted by having to kill the fantastic monsters in Shadow Of The Colossus.
    I thought of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, but they're not RPG's, so I didn't bring them up. The question is regarding that game genre. I was trying to stay within the boundaries of the question.

Deadlegion, your OCD is funny to me.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 11th-July-2019 at 01:29. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spongehammer View Post
    Deadlegion, your OCD is funny to me.
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....-General-Rules
    7) No double posting - There is an edit button below your posts for a reason, people. It isn't hard to find, nor hard to use. So no multi-posting outside of The Hangout.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spongehammer View Post
    Obviously that is the primary emotion a game creates, and it's not worth mentioning, because we all know that, and the question is about sadness caused by an RPG story. Otherwise I'd say that myself.

I thought of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, but they're not RPG's, so I didn't bring them up. The question is regarding that game genre. I was trying to stay within the boundaries of the question.
    I understand but it is not clear exactly what is being defined as a RPG. As I indicated I thought you were probably just talking about traditional, typical turn based, RPG/JRPG storylines. But I thought it might still be relevant if that was expanded to include other games which have also been defined as RPGs by some sources,

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The end of the Jumi Arc in Legend of Mana, cried manly tears.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Yes many times in DOS2

Thanks
    EP Points

The end of Final Fantasy 5 when Galuf said he'll always be with Krile.