Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Getting old sucks

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Can't believe it's been more than 20 years since the original came out.
    What? Oh... It's still in my backlog, unfinished. How has it been 20 years...? I swear I just rented it not that long ago, then bought it meaning to play it.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    What? Oh... It's still in my backlog, unfinished. How has it been 20 years...? I swear I just rented it not that long ago, then bought it meaning to play it.
    Yup. September 19, 1997. It's been 22 years.
    Oh, you made me remember when it was common to rent games. You know, like, the actual game disc. Not like today, that you rent a bunch of data at full price from the PSN or the Marketplace or Steam claiming you "bought" the game.

Thanks

I turned 25 a couple of weeks ago, and i found myself playing billiards. A "gentleman's" sport.
    You know when youre really screwed, when youre going bald..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Older Frog View Post
    You said it. I've been hearing impaired all my life because of Scarlet Fever I had as a baby so I wear hearing aids. Now I have three glasses with different scripts. One I call my close up/computer glasses, one long distance/driving glasses and one bifocals.

I have vision problems too. I have no depth perception, so playing 3d games is difficult. I remember the atari 2600, it was the first console I owned, a lot of fun times. Getting old sucks ass.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yup. September 19, 1997. It's been 22 years.
    Oh, you made me remember when it was common to rent games. You know, like, the actual game disc. Not like today, that you rent a bunch of data at full price from the PSN or the Marketplace or Steam claiming you "bought" the game.
    I remember renting games. That's the thing about Steam and digital only games. It just feels off, like I like having physical. I can actually see it, hold it, feel it. Still sucks manuals are mostly a thing of the past too.

Thanks

yea..i am getting older and still a loser

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    I remember renting games. That's the thing about Steam and digital only games. It just feels off, like I like having physical. I can actually see it, hold it, feel it. Still sucks manuals are mostly a thing of the past too.
    Sorry I am a year late with my reply, but I totally agree with you.

By the way... Been wondering how Froggy has been.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry I am a year late with my reply, but I totally agree with you.

By the way... Been wondering how Froggy has been.
    No worries. Yeah. I pretty much only buy games on sale on steam. I hope Froggy is doing alright. It sucks that the price of new games for next-gen is now $70. That's super expensive. At least some companies like XSeed include manuals with their games.

Thanks
    EP Points

No worries. Yeah. I pretty much only buy games on sale on steam. I hope Froggy is doing alright. It sucks that the price of new games for next-gen is now $70. That's super expensive. At least some companies like XSeed include manuals with their games.
    Yup. I think I'm never going to spend that much on games anymore. I'll just wait for offers or buy used games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yup. I think I'm never going to spend that much on games anymore. I'll just wait for offers or buy used games.
    Yeah I'll probably wait for big sales. Though by the time I actually get a next-gen console, I assume a good chunk of the library will be at reasonable prices, I hope. $70 is just too much for a new game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I'll probably wait for big sales. Though by the time I actually get a next-gen console, I assume a good chunk of the library will be at reasonable prices, I hope. $70 is just too much for a new game.
    Yup. Looking at how things are going, I won't buy a next-gen console that soon.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yup. Looking at how things are going, I won't buy a next-gen console that soon.
    Yep. For the price of a next-gen console, I could get a new graphics card that supports real-time ray-tracing. I'll wait and see how this gen plays out. I do however like that Microsoft tried to make their Xbox Series X as backward as compatible as possible though. Even going back to OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep. For the price of a next-gen console, I could get a new graphics card that supports real-time ray-tracing. I'll wait and see how this gen plays out. I do however like that Microsoft tried to make their Xbox Series X as backward as compatible as possible though. Even going back to OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games.
    I think that's a good choice. However, I feel somehow unconfortable with playing on PC. I know that's lame, but I totally can't help it. I've always preferred consoles and either I'm going to buy a next-gen one eventually or enjoy my PS4 before it becomes actual retrogaming.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think that's a good choice. However, I feel somehow unconfortable with playing on PC. I know that's lame, but I totally can't help it. I've always preferred consoles and either I'm going to buy a next-gen one eventually or enjoy my PS4 before it becomes actual retrogaming.
    I totally get you. I actually like playing on consoles more than PC. Sure the graphics and you can mod and have a lot more settings on PC, but I just like to hop in and play. Plus if you have crappy internet, whats the point if you have to wait hours or days to download a game that is lots of GB in size.

Thanks
    EP Points

I totally get you. I actually like playing on consoles more than PC. Sure the graphics and you can mod and have a lot more settings on PC, but I just like to hop in and play. Plus if you have crappy internet, whats the point if you have to wait hours or days to download a game that is lots of GB in size.
    Yeah, I know, right? Although consoles are becoming more and more similar to PCs in this sense, with constant patches and upgrades even before the day one. The thing is, I should set up a proper gaming workstation to play in a confortable way.