Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Getting old sucks

Thanks
    EP Points

That's... not really old. Heck, it's still relatively young.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    Speaking of getting old, i turned 36 this year.
    I'll be there in 5 years and I still can't believe it lol.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I am 32 now, turning 33 in July. I don't feel old. I feel fine actually. The only thing I realized I can't do anymore, is drink like I did when I was in my late teens, early 20's. Especially beer. Liquor I still do fine with. But even in general. I just can't do it like I did then. Which in the long run, probably a good thing lol.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalGamer View Post
    I am 32 now, turning 33 in July. I don't feel old. I feel fine actually. The only thing I realized I can't do anymore, is drink like I did when I was in my late teens, early 20's. Especially beer. Liquor I still do fine with. But even in general. I just can't do it like I did then. Which in the long run, probably a good thing lol.
    I've never drank much before so I don't have this problem, but I can relate. There are many things that I used to do in my 20s which now I'm not able to.

Thanks
    EP Points

One of the things I've noticed is horrible heartburn from pizza, tacos etc. Just in the last year or so. 43 now over here.

I sure as hell can't drink like I used to. Back when I joined EP I was always loaded

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    One of the things I've noticed is horrible heartburn from pizza, tacos etc. Just in the last year or so. 43 now over here.
    I've had that from pizza, too much bread and also pastry for several years now.
    Milk is the cure.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post

I sure as hell can't drink like I used to. Back when I joined EP I was always loaded
    I'm gonna be 32 here in a few days and I've noticed that heartburn is starting to be an issue. However as Legion said milk helps a lot.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can relate. No big deal with heartburn, but I can eat almost nothing that is fried, or else stomachaches come visit me. I also have to be careful with chocolate, even if sometimes it is very hard.
    Last edited by Moana; 31st-March-2021 at 18:42.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Yaaaay, hurt my rotator cuff. Now I'm using my right arm like a t-rex, cause simply lifting my arm away from my body causes immediate pain.
    Yaay to being over 40.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Can I join the club? For some reason, my lower back's been hurting for a few days. It's getting better now, but last week I had troubles getting up after sitting or laying down because of strong pains in my lower back. I'm only in my early thirties.

Thanks

Mid 30's here myself, and I can say that I've been getting really tired of modern forms of online "social" interaction and have been pining for some of the older community interactions. So I decided to make an account here and see where it takes me

So maybe lets put that one down to an advantage of getting older... an appreciation and experience of things which might not be considered contemporary any more.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by edenist View Post
    Mid 30's here myself, and I can say that I've been getting really tired of modern forms of online "social" interaction and have been pining for some of the older community interactions. So I decided to make an account here and see where it takes me

So maybe lets put that one down to an advantage of getting older... an appreciation and experience of things which might not be considered contemporary any more.
    Welcome from a fellow Victorian I'm at least 10 years older than you.

There isn't much activity in the forums here now compared to years ago. Most activity is on discord, but yeah I dislike the social media stuff myself and avoid it like the plague.
    We have a general hang out (chat) thread here in the forums, it can change when posts get to like 4000 or so but the current thread has been used for ages now:
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....9-Oct-2021-Out

If you have any questions feel free to ask, even via PM

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Welcome from a fellow Victorian I'm at least 10 years older than you.

There isn't much activity in the forums here now compared to years ago. Most activity is on discord, but yeah I dislike the social media stuff myself and avoid it like the plague.
    We have a general hang out (chat) thread here in the forums, it can change when posts get to like 4000 or so but the current thread has been used for ages now:
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....9-Oct-2021-Out

If you have any questions feel free to ask, even via PM
    Mmmm, it's like that in many places as far as I can tell. Web forums are certainly out of favour for most. Which is a shame, as I do like the longer-form writing style it affords.

Discord I've tried multiple times... Even if I put the awful UI and awfully high resource usage aside, it turned out to be the straw which broke the camels back as far as too many chat platforms go.

But that's OK. I'm sure the people here will be more than engaging. I'll keep poking around and jump in when I have something worthwhile to contribute

Thanks

To think we were all little piratesdc

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dubdidit View Post
    To think we were all little piratesdc
    When being a pirate was in lol.

Anyways still wondering how Froggy is doing. Hope he's being safe.

As for the topic, I think it's getting harder and harder for me to reserve constantly a few hours for gaming. If that's what being adults means, it totally sucks.