Thread: Psp hacking

Thanks

Default Psp hacking

I am trying to install some PS1 games onto my psp. I want to start with saying I OWN all the games I am trying to install. And when I mean that have the the Ps1 CD disks on hand.

Now here is the details, I have the 7-zip. I have a silver PSP 3000 with patch 6.61. All the guides I talk about are for patch 6.60 or framework 6.61. I also have have the PsX2PSP converter. I converted one game but I get error (8010850E) error code. the few guides I seen so far all talk about a costum frame work but don't say what that frame work is.

MY 100% biggest problem is I really don't want to risk my psp or my files because on more then one game I have more then a 1000 hours on. Anyone have any advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Not sure what you mean by patch 6.61.

You need CFW, minimum to play everything would be either 6.60 PRO-C fix3 or 6.60 LME 2.3.

Also for PSX game conversions it's recommended to install CDDA enabler v2 plugin.
    Use PSX2PSP v1.4.2 to convert games, it's recommended to use 1:1 copies as a source.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

OK I found PSX2PSP v1.4.2

you sayd that at Minimum I need the 6.60 PRO-C fix3 or LME. does that mean it's all I need or do I need more things. I'm looking to replace my G1 ds with my psp when it comes to my emulation.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by JChaosMaster View Post
    OK I found PSX2PSP v1.4.2

you sayd that at Minimum I need the 6.60 PRO-C fix3 or LME. does that mean it's all I need or do I need more things. I'm looking to replace my G1 ds with my psp when it comes to my emulation.
    Those two 6.60 CFW options will let you play any PSP release, 6.61 versions aren't necessary as that firmware was just a store update no games require it.
    LME 2.3 is probably the better option if you want to try Oblivion beta releases (including the hacked versions to access more content) as you need to enable extra ram option.

But if you're already on 6.61 official firmware and downgrading either seems like a difficult process for you or you can't be bothered just use a 6.61 version of either of those CFW's.
    LME 2.3 isn't perma flash so virtually no risk of brick.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Honestly stuff like this is way out of my wheel house. So im thankful for any advice you give. When searching online but I really don't know who/what to trust. Honestly im a little afried because I don't want ot brick my psp. Mostly because I have a few downloaded games that I have like 3k hours on them. But I have a back up psp and I'm not positive how to get those games honest it.

So thank you for all the advice so far

Thanks
    EP Points

I didn't have any saves I cared about before upgrading to 6.60 CFW so I can't tell you either way if they'll still be there. If they're that important I suggest you install CFW on your backup PSP instead.

All PSP consoles can have CFW installed.
    Some things of note though...
    E1000 aka Street model can only have lite aka temp CFW installed (eg 6.60 LME 2.3).
    Original 1000 models don't have extra ram.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Backing up saves is absurdly easy, even on OFW. Just connect a USB cable and browse to PSP>SAVEDATA. All your saves are in that folder, in subfolders named with the stock number of each game. Copy paste them elsewhere to keep them.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here