Thread: Request: To have permission to constantly update my Title Header?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Request: To have permission to constantly update my Title Header?

I would really appreciate it if a mod kindly grants me permission to have access to allow me to change the heading title for my SNESAdvance revival project.

Over the course of a few months it has caused quite a bit of disruption to the thread I have constantly been posting my updates on being the EverDrive Packs Release Thread in the Everything Console discussion area.

I would just post in my own topic but it would be known as double posting and spamming it with replies so I can notify anyone who is going through the thread who owns a Game Boy Advance that an update has been done in it and would eventually be causing a huge amount of quadruple posting there to keep it bumped.

Of course I haven't tried it as of yet but I know from past experiences on boards a rule of thumb is someone has to reply first before you post again if not it's otherwise known as spamming.

I wouldn't want it to be closed down to spamming it with updates unless a mod allowed me to do so.

If I could be granted this right it would or any help on this so much appreciated and thank you for taking your time to read this - Richard

P.S By this I mean constantly update my title if any progress is done my project for e.g EverDrive GBA's SNESAdvance Release Thread (Updated: 01/10/19)
    Last edited by Richardragon87; 10th-January-2019 at 22:53.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

You won't get permission to alter thread titles. No members have that ability.
    You will need to ask to have it changed, be specific about what you want the thread title changed to.

I suggest you don't worry so much about having the latest update info in the title, you can edited your OP to link to the latest update posts(s). Otherwise editing the title could possibly become an endless task for staff.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    You won't get permission to alter thread titles. No members have that ability.
    You will need to ask to have it changed, be specific about what you want the thread title changed to.

I suggest you don't worry so much about having the latest update info in the title, you can edited your OP to link to the latest update posts(s). Otherwise editing the title could possibly become an endless task for staff.
    How would that work. I don't think editing my OP with the links would make the thread come to the top so its likely had an update. As said I don't want to spam my topic each time I update unless it's possible I can reply to my own topic. I really just would like to somehow have an end title each time when I update my topic but if I can use the reply feature for each update to notify anyone that would be appreciated too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

It should be ok to double post etc if you're posting new updates, just at least try to edited in info to last post if you've got some updates on the same day.
    That way your thread gets bumped when you post updates, plus the idea of linking most recent updates in OP means people don't have to backread from last post. I'm assuming there would be updates about various things though and not all relevant current updates might be listed in last post.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at. Just an idea anyway I'm not telling you what to do.

Edit:
    Not much point having a date in the thread title, your last post time stamp would indicate the date anyway. Plus who is going to keep editing that?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 10th-January-2019 at 23:12.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    It should be ok to double post etc if you're posting new updates, just at least try to edited in info to last post if you've got some updates on the same day.
    That way your thread gets bumped when you post updates, plus the idea of linking most recent updates in OP means people don't have to backread from last post. I'm assuming there would be updates about various things though and not all relevant current updates might be listed in last post.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at. Just an idea anyway I'm not telling you what to do.
    No that's great it would be fine like that. And do not worry I wont make quadripple posts on my topic likely it will pile up in the odd 3 months or so but the time it takes me to convert a game category such as A-D and check it thoroughly and improve the graphics so they run properly on a GBA you're looking at around 3 months top or from the way I did the last category around 1 month.

As for updates I always post them at the OP just below the info about the project so all links would always be at the top just like they are if you saw my topic now.

Thanks for the heads up and the consideration I will keep what you said in mind for further reference - Richard