Thread: A question to the admins about the removal of the roms?

Threaded View

Thanks

Post A question to the admins about the removal of the roms?

Hello, I'm not moaning and I appreciate the hard work gone into this place for the last 18yrs. I'm not asking for anyone to put them back up like other people here, but I would like to get this seed planted.

Nint doesn't own the copyright to all the other ROMs/Games/Artwork/Music that the site had going for it. I don't understand why pull everything down that isn't Nintendo.

Let's say emu's roms are for really preserving old retro games. What about the true games from other systems that their authors and companies behind them have seriously just vanished and have no interest what so ever in their abandonment games and such.

Isn't just pulling everything offline like these items just going against the reason the site was originally created for? Preserving the really old games and content that now will be lost due to just 1 overzealous money hungry company?

It really gives no defense what so ever to the reason of existing if you remove all the preserved contents lol that's not had any DMCA's or take down requests.

And finally... Nint knew this place existed for 18yrs lol they know people downloaded contents directly from this site for the last decade.

What makes you think they are still not going to come after you just the same even if all the content has been disabled since they can simply claim the damages for the previous 17 years it was available. It's like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted.

The amount of content that's going to be lost that other companies have really abandoned just because 1 stupid company now after 18yrs has an issue with providing roms that is their property.

Makes no sense to me it really doesn't. What about the rest of the 99.9% of content they don't have any say over or control over? Why should all this be lost just because of 1 company complaining about their works? Why not just scrap the Nint content/sections and keep on preserving the 99.9% of other contents that's nothing what so ever to do with them.

For anyone who's going to reply with stop crying and get over it etc. I collected my stuff for 18yrs + There's nothing I don't have so it's nothing to do with "getting" new stuff. IT really is looking for the logic to the choice that's been made for the world. If there's 1 bad bar of chocolate in the supermarket you don't close down the supermarket with all the other contents lol you simply get rid of the bad chocolate in this case just get shut of all items relating to these mobsters.

I know it's the owners choice at the end of the day. It's upto them to do what they please and I respect that, just if this place was really about preserving all kinds of retro contents... doesn't it seem odd removing every single item that isn't causing issues... The contents that people couldn't ever buy again because the companies no longer exist? Or the authors? Everything that's non- Nint? Wouldn't that just be an 18yr waste?

The internet is a hydra we seen it with torrent sites. You should just make the entire site into a downloadable clone. So others who's willing to take risks could continue on the legacy of this site.

Only reason so many torrent sites existed in the first place is because just 1 site decided to release to the public a snapshot of their source code. From this spawned 1000's without that site doing that. No other torrent sites would of sprung up and formed into what we have today.

Just planting the seed
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 1st-January-2019 at 01:20. Reason: posts merged