Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do people get good at games so fast ?

Thanks

Default How do people get good at games so fast ?

I've heard that there's a guy on PUBGM who got from Diamond to Conqueror in just 3 days ? How is that possible if he's not hacking or playing 24/7 ? Also everyone says that PUBG Mobile is too easy but not for me, i just keep dying again and again (I'm Gold IV). Everytime i see a Vietnamese guy on PUBG it means that i'm dead because they're just too good.

Thanks
    EP Points

If they're not hacking the game, then they get good by simply playing the game all the time and practicing. If you play the same type of game all the time, then you can get pretty good at them. Like my friend for example, plays games like Dark Souls and such and he's really good at those types of games. I play platform and action games a lot and I'm pretty good at those. When you play the same game all day, every day, you're gonna get good at it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I played more than 10 years of Mario Kart DS and i'm bored of winning in 1st.
    I played more than 2000 hours of Super Street Fighter 4 and i'm bored of beating M. Bison and Seth.
    I played more than 1000 hours of Pokemon Heartgold and i'm bored of Battle Frontier and training level 100 mons.

Even if it's not so fun as before, i'm still having fun, as it's worse by just sitting in my bedroom doing nothing.

Thanks

Practice makes perfect.

Thanks
    EP Points

Usually that applies to people who have lots and lots of free time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Guess some people are simply more talented than the others when it comes to... well, various stuff, including mastering video games. Some have better coordination, or reflexes, or strategy skills... so they "git gud" (God, I hate that phrase) faster than the most people. Just my two cents.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My niece is 10 years old and wins Fortnite battle royales all the time, which is similar to PUBG. I don't know why she's so good at it at such a young age, my guess is she's related to me for a reason and she has good hand-eye coordination and is a good strategist. Methinks gaming is somewhat innate to some people and as was already mentioned practice makes perfect.
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Amphetamines.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Amphetamines.
    Laughing my balls off.
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    Laughing my balls off.
    It's not funny man. I refuse to touch that shit and therefore forever destined to be a scrub

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Considering it's PUBGs, hacks are considerably more likely than that person actually being good at the game. Cousin of mine plays this, and he tried to get me in it, and I watched him play a match, and there were at least 3 hackers in the session I watched, probably more. I'm talking like some instant 360 no-scope type BS from very long range. Nobody is that good. I'm not even sure why anyone plays this. If it's a competitive PVP game, and they can't keep the hackers out, then what's the point? Considering the size of the sessions, in a 100 player session, you're pretty much guaranteed to get multiple hackers, even if hackers are a small % of the community.

Some people are just naturally better at some of these games than others. Especially games where reaction timing and reflexes will get you a long way. Like fighting games, or even FPS games to a lesser extent (how quick you can accurately get a shot off). I had carpel tunnel surgery done on both my wrists, and my reaction timing has never been the same. My brain is actually ahead of the point where my fingers will keep up, and the issue then became the inability to properly execute a response. Games like COD, or CSGO, or Fortnite kids will beat my ass at these games, however, on games where strategy and builds come into play, like a Dark Souls game for example, I can beat them with raw experience.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-July-2020 at 23:44. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by raftepit View Post
    Practice makes perfect.
    That is true but some people are also just born with being incredibly gifted!

Thanks
    EP Points

I still think that some people have hundred and hundred of hours to spend on these.

Thanks

I think it's a lot of experience and a lot of work, as well as time. I don't have much time to play games unfortunately

Thanks

I think that this is due to the fact that they better understand the mechanics of the game and have skills. It's actually much harder for me to complete games than my friend, although he plays less time than me.