Thread: Everything i play through Retroarch is choppy...??

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Everything i play through Retroarch is choppy...??

I recently installed the 64 bit version of retroarch on my laptop....and have been trying to play some ps1 games.....its not going well. The sound and the graphics on the title screen pages are lagging. The actual game play is just a little slow...the sound is a disaster though. I don't know if not meeting system requirements or what? Ive had emulators on my phone before..so im not sure how the lap top couldn't handle it....anyway here's what im working with.
    Dell inspirion 5000
    2200 GHz AMD A8 with raidon R5 graphics
    12 Gs RAM
    Runs Windows 10

RetroArch 1.7.5 64 bit

ive been using the "beetle" cores
    trying to play castlevania SOTN , have 2 bin files and 1 cue
    Oh, and there is about a 15 second delay when starting the game before anything shows up.

sorry if this is obvious, and yes ive searched multiple FAQs and threads. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

Shutdown anything in background id delete it an re-install it I discourage you from using RetroArch for PlayStation 1 emulation. ePSXe is a far better emulator. Emulation quality is better and it's easy to use. Particularly, ePSXe makes it easy to swap CDs, while RetroArch makes it a hassle. RetroArch isn't bad if you just want to play a couple (single CD) games, and if you absolutely don't want to pay $4 US for ePSXe. You can find easy download RetroArch Tutorial this sites nice https://fantasyanime.com/emuhelp/retroarch

Thanks

well.....I downloaded and installed epsxe from the websight, set up the plugins the way the basic FAQ tells you to (all of them are included in the newest versions)….I've tried the BIOS they included and a few others the I got in a packet somewhere. I'm using a Bin file game, and any time I try and start an actual game, the window opens ( or it goes to full screen depending on how I set it up) but its just black. If I leave it there for a few mins it just crashes. The program starts " not responding" as soon as I try and start the game, either way. any thoughts??

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by highouput View Post
    well.....I downloaded and installed epsxe from the websight, set up the plugins the way the basic FAQ tells you to (all of them are included in the newest versions)….I've tried the BIOS they included and a few others the I got in a packet somewhere. I'm using a Bin file game, and any time I try and start an actual game, the window opens ( or it goes to full screen depending on how I set it up) but its just black. If I leave it there for a few mins it just crashes. The program starts " not responding" as soon as I try and start the game, either way. any thoughts??
    Are you using epsxe 2.0.5? if so find CPU overclocking in the options and set it to 1x.