Thread: *Probably Bricked* PSP-3000 PRO-C 6.60

Thanks
    EP Points

Default *Probably Bricked* PSP-3000 PRO-C 6.60

PSP-3000, temporary/manual PRO-C 6.60 CFW.

Tried to start an official PsOne Classic: shut down, not turning on, not charging (no LED). Did not have that much battery in it at that time but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Now to be clear, I have tried this with another official PsOne (.eboot) file on cfw but it had worked perfectly.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If it's temp aka lite CFW then OFW is still there.
    I don't think it's bricked. From what I remember a bricked console will have a blank screen but the led lights up.
    Might be the battery or it might be the charger.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay so I tried charging it and this time the orange (power) light flashes once and that's it.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Απόλλωνας View Post
    Okay so I tried charging it and this time the orange (power) light flashes once and that's it.
    This doesn't sound like a CFW issue, at all. Your PSP is not bricked.
    Your having hardware issues. Either your charger, battery, or possibly charger port isn't working right. Troubleshoot this by trying the cheapest options first. AFAIK the 3000 can charge via its USB connector, so try just hooking it up to your PC and see if that does anything. Then buy PSP USB power cable, those can be found online for $1 because it doesn't need a power brick, it's just USB to a power connector. If that doesn't work, buy a new battery, they'll set you back like $10 for some Chinese copy (real ones no longer exist, old unused ones are dead).
    Last edited by Ragnar; 20th-November-2018 at 15:40.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

To recharge via USB that needs to be enabled in settings on the PSP. If it isn't enabled it won't charge.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    To recharge via USB that needs to be enabled in settings on the PSP. If it isn't enabled it won't charge.
    I wouldn't know, I've literally never used a 3000. I think my 2000 works the same way, but the power connector does its thing so I've never tried. I'm also uncertain if charging with the USB port would even work if the system is 100% depleted... But it doesn't hurt to just plug it in and see.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

PSP power adapter is the same voltage as USB. If you look online you can get a dirt cheap USB cord that plugs into the power socket (not the USB port), so you can charge that way by using any USB port as a power source.

It's cheaper than buying a full PSP charger, although the cheap Chinese PSP chargers are very cheap.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-November-2018 at 01:13.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think there may be a cold or broken solder joint in the power barrel.
    Try plugging it in and very slowly move the power jack around until the LED lights up. If it lights up at a certain spot, hold it there for a few minutes and see if you can turn it on. Then enable USB charging.

EDIT: It looks like the psp 3000 has a power barrel that is hooked up with wire instead of soldered, so I withdraw my suggestion. I read online that some people solder bridge the power fuse to fix a psp3000 not turning on. Maybe try that.
    Last edited by Jazzmarazz; 21st-November-2018 at 03:00.

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay guys thanks for the USB suggestions, I found the cheapest place would be aliexpress, but I got to find that multi-usage charger I had that even had a PSP power cord :ρ

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay so here's what happened: The battery got completely drained right after I started that PsOne title. When I tried to charge it, the charger couldn't have proper contact (not the first time, because I'm using a EU-to-AU power adapter to use for my european charger) but this time it just happened to be so it was almost having contact, that way making it look like it's flashing every few seconds, and then stopped. Now I happened to try again and it could actually work in a specific position if you're careful to not move it. So it actually turned on this time.
    I will eventually look for the multi-purpose charger I mentioned earlier.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just switch over to USB charging. You already have the cable assuming you transfer games onto your PSP with USB. If not, mini USB cables can be found at dollar stores, they're super common.