Thread: Xbox 360 games that do not display in fullscreen 4:3 mode on CRT TV

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Xbox 360 games that do not display in fullscreen 4:3 mode on CRT TV

So I wanted to compile a list of games that do not display full screen on 4:3 CRT TV. Most of them do, but there are some that do not. When they do not the screen will be letterboxed with black bars on the top and bottom.
    You cannot tell if it will work by looking at the back of the game case. Many say 720p/1080i/1080p and yet they still work in fullscreen and take up the whole screen.

Games not fullscreen (black bars):

Resident Evil 4 HD (xbla)
    Resident Evil 5
    Resident Evil 6
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Alan Wake's American Nightmare (xbla)
    Lost Planet
    South Park Tenormans Revenge (xbla)

Games displaying in full fullscreen that I have tested:

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City
    Kameo
    Halo 3
    Halo 3 ODST
    Halo 4
    Halo Reach
    Destiny
    Sonics Sega Genesis Collection
    Capcom Digital Collection
    Oblivion
    Skyrim
    Civilization Revolution
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
    Phantasy Star Universe
    Gears of War

As you can see all resident Evil games do not support it which is stupid because they do support it on PC. In particular Resident Evil 4 which was originally made as a Fullscreen game. Another Capcom game Lost Planet as well. Then all Mass Effect games made by Bioware/EA, also support 4:3 on PC, a big disappointment and lazy of them.

People are going to say why are you using a CRT well it is simple, so I can play ps1 and ps2 games on it and not have them look like crap. I don't have room for another TV at this point in time.

Before I buy the game I would like to know if it works in fullscreen therefore I try to download demos first but not all games have demos. I just bought Destiny and did not think it would be fullscreen but it is because Bungie always supports it. Could not find any information on the net except this one page which is mostly irrelivant since he tests it on a 4:3 monitor, which uses different connections from the back of the 360 than a CRT TV does.

Also you can't tell from the intro of the game, which contains movies usually letterboxed. You must start playing the game before you can tell.

If anyone is using CRT 4:3 TV for Xbox 360 please add to this list! Thanks.
    Last edited by masternoxx; 12th-November-2018 at 15:28.