Thread: Resident Evil 3 freezing

Thanks

Default Resident Evil 3 freezing

Howdy all.

Recently had to re-download ISOs elsewhere, as I lost my old collection via getting my laptop repaired. Everything seems fine so far, with the exception of Resident Evil 3- Nemesis. At certain points(namely, in the bar where you meet Brad, and just after shooting an oil drum to kill a horde of zombies), the game will freeze just before I would normally transition to a new screen, with the music still playing normally.

I've downloaded the ISO from three different sources, so I doubt it's down to that. My guess is there's something wrong with my emulator setup (drivers, or something else), or my laptop. Before I sent the laptop in to get fixed, I'd played through the game something like three times, without any problems. Does anyone have any advice for me on this? I'd really appreciate it. If it helps, my graphics driver's configuration is below:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
    Author: Pete Bernert
    Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
    GFX card: AMD Radeon R6 Graphics

Resolution/Color:
    - 640x480 Window mode
    - Internal X resolution: 2
    - Internal Y resolution: 3
    - Keep psx aspect ratio:
    - No render-to-texture: C z

- Filtering: 6
    - Hi-Res textures: 2
    - TexWin pixel shader: off
    - VRam size: 256 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limitation: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 2
    - Framebuffer effects: 3
    - Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
    - Scanlines: on [0]
    - Mdec filter: on
    - Screen filtering: on
    - Shader effects: 1/1
    - Flicker-fix border size: 0
    - GF4/XP crash fix: off
    - Game fixes: off [00000000]

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use RetroArch and here is a perfect copy of RE 3 - https://www.epforums.org/showthread....nt+evil+redump
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Could you message me a walkthrough for installing this system? Also, keep in mind my laptop is not a gaming laptop with state-of-the-art graphics and whatnot.

Edit: Just checked private messages, and remembered we'd msgd about this a while back. I am on discord, but if it would be possible could we go back and forth in private messages here? Thanks.
    Last edited by neosoc; 1st-October-2018 at 03:08.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

can try amigo, it will take a long time though.

here is the bios set - Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. unpack that into the RetroArch system folder.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

I just checked the retroarch website. Whenever I click on either a download or installer for Windows, it takes me to a "not found" page.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by neosoc View Post
    Could you message me a walkthrough for installing this system? Also, keep in mind my laptop is not a gaming laptop with state-of-the-art graphics and whatnot.

Edit: Just checked private messages, and remembered we'd msgd about this a while back. I am on discord, but if it would be possible could we go back and forth in private messages here? Thanks.
    my junker Laptop can run RetroArch just fine so I'm assuming you will be playing stuff in no time.

I would prefer a real time session to teach you how to use it but if you don't want to you don't

Thanks

We can realtime, just not right now. How about tomorrow night, around 9 PM (US time)?