Page 178 of 204 FirstFirst ... 78128168173174175176177178179180181182183188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3047

Thread: The New EmuParadise Fallout: you are reviled

  1. #2656
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Also Robot Spaghetti.
    Posts
    1,230
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
    EP Points
    25

    Default

    It's beautiful outside. Why am I at work?
    Spoiler warning:

  2. #2657
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Key Largo, Florida
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    EP Points
    2265

    Default

    Rate my TOP SECRET evolved psychic Geodude.
    (all my PSX uploads are tested with ePSXe)
    PM me if you need a reupload of a game I uploaded.


  3. #2658
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    waiting to die
    Posts
    1,165
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 35 Times in 30 Posts
    EP Points
    125

    Default

    which version is that from?

  4. #2659
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,751
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    EP Points
    9525

    Default

    So apparentley the PS5 is going to have pretty fast load times. Hopefully that will be true. Though I probably won't get one for a long time, once it is released.

  5. #2660
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a windowless van.
    Posts
    10,132
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 686 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    EP Points
    1355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    So apparentley the PS5 is going to have pretty fast load times. Hopefully that will be true. Though I probably won't get one for a long time, once it is released.
    Im not worried about it. The load times are of course going to be faster in general, but whether or not they are fast on a per game basis relies on the devs. Sony seems to know what they're doing. Microsoft on the other hand. Their direction has been a train wreck from the very start. xbox only sod well in America, 360 was a burning pile of trash, bone has been one huge mistake after the other and the next one is even worse! I think they just want to make the gaming business ook as bad as possible so they sell more PCs and Windows licences.

  6. #2661
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    V.C. B.C. Canada
    Posts
    11,822
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 601 Times in 256 Posts
    EP Points
    910

    Default

    I dunno why you're harping so much on the Xbone, seems like at least 75% of the games come out for both systems and there's really no difference in gameplay, graphics etc. I haven't had any technical issues after just shy of a year other than a couple kicks to the dashboard while playing something which I'm sure can and does happen on the PS4 as well. I think of it more as budget system and sure I'd prefer a PS4 mostly so I could play with some of the members here once in awhile and for a couple of exclusives. In the end I for one have certainly gotten my money out of it.

    And yes that wifi only system or whatever is stupid ass idea - Nintendo did it first with the WII as I recall. Umm so yeah let's harp on Nintendo and their stupid 500 dollar Zelda machine instead

    Load times are load times, as games keep getting bigger and bigger load times will always be a thing.


  7. #2662
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,751
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    EP Points
    9525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Im not worried about it. The load times are of course going to be faster in general, but whether or not they are fast on a per game basis relies on the devs. Sony seems to know what they're doing. Microsoft on the other hand. Their direction has been a train wreck from the very start. xbox only sod well in America, 360 was a burning pile of trash, bone has been one huge mistake after the other and the next one is even worse! I think they just want to make the gaming business ook as bad as possible so they sell more PCs and Windows licences.
    The xbox 360 was a burning pile of trash? I thought the Xbox 360 was pretty good. I mean it did have a better start then the PS3 did at launch. Though as time went on the PS3 and Xbox 360 nearily equalled each other out. Though the Xbone was a disaster at launch.

    Of course the major reason for having a game console is for the exclusive games. Of this generation, PS4 got most of the exclusives.

  8. #2663
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 77 Times in 40 Posts
    EP Points
    80

    Default

    Even as someone who opted for the PS3 during that generation, I totally agree that labelling the 360 as trash is way harsh. The RRoD issue was definitely an embarrassment, but otherwise it was arguably quite a bit better than the PS3 until a fair ways into the latter console's life. Most of the games on both consoles during the early days of that generation played better on the 360 (many substantially so), it had a debatably better lineup of exclusives for a good while, and while I think the PS3 definitely wound up as the better console by the end, and while I was particularly disappointed with how much Microsoft pulled out of Japan after what looked to be a promising new start with Japanese developers, I think the console was a really solid showing for Microsoft on the whole. I came within a whisker of buying one at multiple times throughout that generation, and even now, there are quite a few 360 exclusives that I'd still really like to go back and play.

    Also, I think the OG XBox is tons of fun too, even as someone who plays mostly Japanese games, and who has little interest in the FPS games that it was best known for. ._. I bought one to play Panzer Dragoon Orta years after the console was retired, and was surprised at how many other interesting games there were on the console. It wound up being a really neat purchase.
    Last edited by Elin; 22nd-May-2019 at 01:16.

  9. #2664
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    V.C. B.C. Canada
    Posts
    11,822
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 601 Times in 256 Posts
    EP Points
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Even as someone who opted for the PS3 during that generation, I totally agree that labelling the 360 as trash is way harsh. The RRoD issue was definitely an embarrassment, but otherwise it was arguably quite a bit better than the PS3 until a fair ways into the latter console's life. Most of the games on both consoles during the early days of that generation played better on the 360 (many substantially so), it had a debatably better lineup of exclusives for a good while, and while I think the PS3 definitely wound up as the better console by the end, and while I was particularly disappointed with how much Microsoft pulled out of Japan after what looked to be a promising new start with Japanese developers, I think the console was a really solid showing for Microsoft on the whole. I came within a whisker of buying one at multiple times throughout that generation, and even now, there are quite a few 360 exclusives that I'd still really like to go back and play.

    Also, I think the OG XBox is tons of fun too, even as someone who plays mostly Japanese games, and who has little interest in the FPS games that it was best known for. ._. I bought one to play Panzer Dragoon Orta years after the console was retired, and was surprised at how many other interesting games there were on the console. It wound up being a really neat purchase.
    I think you would just love Lost Odyseey on the 360. Come to think of it I believe it's compatible with the Xbone as well.


  10. #2665
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    17,545
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 738 Posts
    EP Points
    7675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I think you would just love Lost Odyseey on the 360. Come to think of it I believe it's compatible with the Xbone as well.
    Yes, it is. I have Asian (NTSC-J) and PAL copies both are compatible with my PAL Xbone.

    Xbone isn't trash. In fact if you look at PS4 Pro vs Xbone X, the X is the better machine for the same price (actually cheaper sometimes).
    The only thing PS4 has going for it is exclusives, any older gen games you have to buy again as there's no proper BC.
    Spoiler warning:

  11. #2666
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    V.C. B.C. Canada
    Posts
    11,822
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 601 Times in 256 Posts
    EP Points
    910

    Default

    Maybe I'll check the store and if it's only like 5 bucks think I'll snag it. Actually just checked - it's 12.50. 22gb game too!

    Oh well. There are always sales and such. Too into another Odyssey game right now

    Level 23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  12. #2667
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    17,545
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 738 Posts
    EP Points
    7675

    Default

    Should be cheaper than $12.50 if you get a physical copy. Pretty sure my PAL copy was less than $5.
    Does the same thing as the store version (you download the whole game), only the 1st disc needs to be popped in to verify it (only inner ring is read so scratches aren't a problem) and also to play the game.
    Spoiler warning:

  13. #2668
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    V.C. B.C. Canada
    Posts
    11,822
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 601 Times in 256 Posts
    EP Points
    910

    Default

    Yeah I know. Finding it is the problem.


  14. #2669
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    V.C. B.C. Canada
    Posts
    11,822
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 601 Times in 256 Posts
    EP Points
    910

    Default

    Also I don't think that UnknownError guy is ever coming back to upload those guides


  15. #2670
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    V.C. B.C. Canada
    Posts
    11,822
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 601 Times in 256 Posts
    EP Points
    910

    Default

    I has a Unicorn!!! lolololol


    Screenshot_2019-05-22 Xbox Social.jpg


Similar Threads

  1. The new: What are you listening to now
    By Adsij in forum The Music Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6th-March-2005, 16:48
  2. The NEW Emuparadise rm2k3 game. :o
    By johnny blaze in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 30th-May-2004, 18:06
  3. What do you think of the new Emuparadise layout?
    By Parha_ha in forum Free 4 All
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21st-September-2001, 21:02
  4. the new emuparadise will be great i hope
    By emuparafreak72 in forum Free 4 All
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2nd-July-2001, 08:26

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us

We are the oldest retro gaming forum on the internet. The goal of our community is the complete preservation of all retro video games. Started in 2001 as EmuParadise Forums, our community has grown over the past 18 years into one of the biggest gaming platforms on the internet.

Social