Page 178 of 266 FirstFirst ... 78128168173174175176177178179180181182183188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3983

Thread: The New EmuParadise Fallout: you are reviled

Thanks
    EP Points

It's beautiful outside. Why am I at work?
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Rate my TOP SECRET evolved psychic Geodude.
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

which version is that from?
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

So apparentley the PS5 is going to have pretty fast load times. Hopefully that will be true. Though I probably won't get one for a long time, once it is released.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    So apparentley the PS5 is going to have pretty fast load times. Hopefully that will be true. Though I probably won't get one for a long time, once it is released.
    Im not worried about it. The load times are of course going to be faster in general, but whether or not they are fast on a per game basis relies on the devs. Sony seems to know what they're doing. Microsoft on the other hand. Their direction has been a train wreck from the very start. xbox only sod well in America, 360 was a burning pile of trash, bone has been one huge mistake after the other and the next one is even worse! I think they just want to make the gaming business ook as bad as possible so they sell more PCs and Windows licences.

Thanks
    EP Points

I dunno why you're harping so much on the Xbone, seems like at least 75% of the games come out for both systems and there's really no difference in gameplay, graphics etc. I haven't had any technical issues after just shy of a year other than a couple kicks to the dashboard while playing something which I'm sure can and does happen on the PS4 as well. I think of it more as budget system and sure I'd prefer a PS4 mostly so I could play with some of the members here once in awhile and for a couple of exclusives. In the end I for one have certainly gotten my money out of it.

And yes that wifi only system or whatever is stupid ass idea - Nintendo did it first with the WII as I recall. Umm so yeah let's harp on Nintendo and their stupid 500 dollar Zelda machine instead

Load times are load times, as games keep getting bigger and bigger load times will always be a thing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Im not worried about it. The load times are of course going to be faster in general, but whether or not they are fast on a per game basis relies on the devs. Sony seems to know what they're doing. Microsoft on the other hand. Their direction has been a train wreck from the very start. xbox only sod well in America, 360 was a burning pile of trash, bone has been one huge mistake after the other and the next one is even worse! I think they just want to make the gaming business ook as bad as possible so they sell more PCs and Windows licences.
    The xbox 360 was a burning pile of trash? I thought the Xbox 360 was pretty good. I mean it did have a better start then the PS3 did at launch. Though as time went on the PS3 and Xbox 360 nearily equalled each other out. Though the Xbone was a disaster at launch.

Of course the major reason for having a game console is for the exclusive games. Of this generation, PS4 got most of the exclusives.

Thanks
    EP Points

Even as someone who opted for the PS3 during that generation, I totally agree that labelling the 360 as trash is way harsh. The RRoD issue was definitely an embarrassment, but otherwise it was arguably quite a bit better than the PS3 until a fair ways into the latter console's life. Most of the games on both consoles during the early days of that generation played better on the 360 (many substantially so), it had a debatably better lineup of exclusives for a good while, and while I think the PS3 definitely wound up as the better console by the end, and while I was particularly disappointed with how much Microsoft pulled out of Japan after what looked to be a promising new start with Japanese developers, I think the console was a really solid showing for Microsoft on the whole. I came within a whisker of buying one at multiple times throughout that generation, and even now, there are quite a few 360 exclusives that I'd still really like to go back and play.

Also, I think the OG XBox is tons of fun too, even as someone who plays mostly Japanese games, and who has little interest in the FPS games that it was best known for. ._. I bought one to play Panzer Dragoon Orta years after the console was retired, and was surprised at how many other interesting games there were on the console. It wound up being a really neat purchase.
    Last edited by Elin; 22nd-May-2019 at 01:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Even as someone who opted for the PS3 during that generation, I totally agree that labelling the 360 as trash is way harsh. The RRoD issue was definitely an embarrassment, but otherwise it was arguably quite a bit better than the PS3 until a fair ways into the latter console's life. Most of the games on both consoles during the early days of that generation played better on the 360 (many substantially so), it had a debatably better lineup of exclusives for a good while, and while I think the PS3 definitely wound up as the better console by the end, and while I was particularly disappointed with how much Microsoft pulled out of Japan after what looked to be a promising new start with Japanese developers, I think the console was a really solid showing for Microsoft on the whole. I came within a whisker of buying one at multiple times throughout that generation, and even now, there are quite a few 360 exclusives that I'd still really like to go back and play.

Also, I think the OG XBox is tons of fun too, even as someone who plays mostly Japanese games, and who has little interest in the FPS games that it was best known for. ._. I bought one to play Panzer Dragoon Orta years after the console was retired, and was surprised at how many other interesting games there were on the console. It wound up being a really neat purchase.
    I think you would just love Lost Odyseey on the 360. Come to think of it I believe it's compatible with the Xbone as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I think you would just love Lost Odyseey on the 360. Come to think of it I believe it's compatible with the Xbone as well.
    Yes, it is. I have Asian (NTSC-J) and PAL copies both are compatible with my PAL Xbone.

Xbone isn't trash. In fact if you look at PS4 Pro vs Xbone X, the X is the better machine for the same price (actually cheaper sometimes).
    The only thing PS4 has going for it is exclusives, any older gen games you have to buy again as there's no proper BC.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe I'll check the store and if it's only like 5 bucks think I'll snag it. Actually just checked - it's 12.50. 22gb game too!

Oh well. There are always sales and such. Too into another Odyssey game right now

Level 23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Should be cheaper than $12.50 if you get a physical copy. Pretty sure my PAL copy was less than $5.
    Does the same thing as the store version (you download the whole game), only the 1st disc needs to be popped in to verify it (only inner ring is read so scratches aren't a problem) and also to play the game.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I know. Finding it is the problem.

Thanks
    EP Points

Also I don't think that UnknownError guy is ever coming back to upload those guides

Thanks
    EP Points

I has a Unicorn!!! lolololol

Screenshot_2019-05-22 Xbox Social.jpg