Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
Been watching some old Married with Children episodes. What a difference from when you were a kid/teenager watching these. Some really funny shit in there but the inter family insults get old fast. Might jump ahead a bit to when Jefferson comes into it.
TBS was replaying that show a lot until very recently when they switched it out for Everybody Loves Raymond (which is better).

Weird case of the show being really funny but also completely shattering as a piece of satire the longer it goes on and slowly just becomes all the things it was making fun of. There's still some great bits in later episodes, though, like the DC hotel sequence and the entire England trip multi-parter.

I'm enjoying Everybody Loves Raymond more on rewatch, though. It was way smarter than I remember, really capturing tiny family spats and passive aggressive moments that spark when you're close to someone for enough time. The cast elevates a lot of it, though, ESPECIALLY Brad Garrett as Robert. I hope he won an emmy for his work on that show because he deserves it. Also very strange case where the show remains constantly good to great through the whole decade long run.

I cannot say this about That 70s Show, which became obnoxious for seasons six and seven, and then aggressively unwatchable in the last season (outside the incredible Donna's nudes joke, which is just far too good a joke for the show at that point).