Thread: Why Remove Everything From Your Site?

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Why Remove Everything From Your Site?

So I've sadly learned about the Nintendo bullying tactics that they've been employing on rom sites all over the internet as of late, and I've noticed that you guys were unfortunately one of them, and being the fact that you were one of the only ones that provided the downloads with no strings attached, as in no malware/spyware/viruses/installers/browser extensions/toolbars/etc that adds insult to injury. Such a shame. But my question for you is this: Why remove ALL downloads, and files from your site? Surely not "everything" on here was illegal, right? Sure, maybe the roms were illegal, and the bios files, but what about the music files, and the old commercial advertisement videos that you guys had on here for historical purposes, and the game manuals, and the magazine inserts, etc? Were those all illegal too? EVen with that being said, I know for a 100% fact that hosting emulators is not against the law, nor is having extraction tools, or other utilities etc. For example, I usually use this site to download the UNECM software tools for those rare instances when some rom sites still ECM their games, but when I went on here recently, that was gone, and unavailable too. How exactly is that one illegal to host, and distribute? See, this is what I am talking about right here. I could see you removing the illegal things on here that could get you all into trouble, but why remove literally "EVERYTHING" from your site?!

Edit: Did I put this in the wrong section of the forums, or did someone move it?
    Last edited by RedHoundFox; 14th-September-2018 at 07:46.
    -MalachiMaverick