Thread: Tintin Gameboy games

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Tintin Gameboy games

Hello all.
    Back in 2000 (or so) when my mom got me my Gameboy Color for Christmas, at the time the store was offering the game Tintin and The temple of the Sun.

I played that game countless times. It's a good game.

Recently (2 years ago) I learned that there was another Tintin game - Tintin in Tibet, and got a cart on ebay.

The games I own are for GAMEBOY. I know that there are GAMEBOY COLOR versions, and I'm wondering if there are any differences besides them being in color. I remember reading somewhere that there was a bug fixed in one of the games, but I'm not sure and I may be confusing it with some other game.
    I'm trying to know, because I'm interested in getting the GBC versions if there are differences besides the colors.

So, any help is greatly appreciated!
    Cheers

Thanks
    EP Points

Tintin in Tibet (1995) for the SNES, Game Boy, PC, Game Gear and Mega Drive
    Tintin Prisoners of the Sun (1997) for the PC, SNES and Game Boy (this is the one I assume you meant?)

they were both re-released in 2000 and 2001 for the GameBoy Color.
    Seems to just be a colorized version of the GameBoy ones, but they probably fixed some stuff.

They are easy to google for to download for the PC at least if you want to try those to compare.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think you are right - it's Prisoners of the sun (i'm used to the name in French "Temple du Soleil").

You are right, I even have a portable Retropie machine where I could try them, I should have thought about it before.
    Thanks for the help.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ofor07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

are they as difficult as they seem?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Le Temple du Soleil is the original title of the actual story so the confusion is understandable.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Tintin in Tibet feels a bit more difficult than Prisioners of the Sun, but I've had Prisioners of the Sun for years and beat it so many times that my opinion might be a bit biased.
    But yes, they are a bit difficult, not much. They have EASY-MEDIUM-HARD modes. Easy you have more health items and 1ups through the levels, medium you get less helth items and more enemies, hard you get one less health bar (they are usually 4 and in hard you have 3), enemies are faster.

Thanks

Default Tintin Gameboy games

We all know that a lot of older games have bad translation from Japanese to English. So, what are some such games?