Thread: Having computer trouble

Thanks

Red face Having computer trouble

Hi guys i got a super massive problem and i hope someone can help me two year ago my brother in law repaired a gaming laptop that he gave me when he finally repair it when he gave it back to me he forgot the password for the pass two year we never manage to unlock that computer. Yesterday i fond a program call "lazesoft" now wit it i finally manage to unlock the gaming laptop my brother in law repaired i try to update the computer since it has not been updated in two years however it fail to update to the latest version of window 10 1806 (i think)so this morning i ran trouble shoothing program and it said that it fix it so i ran the update again and i fail again so i restarted the computer when it did that window does not want to load anymore it keep failing to load so now i don't no what to do please help.

Okay here a update i finally manage to get my gaming laptop working again now i finally manage update my gaming laptop however i ran in to new problem in the middle of the update my gaming laptop shutdown with out any reason so i try to open again it load up then freeze after that it shutdown again now i am really stomp here guys i have no idea what to do here guy.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 15th-August-2018 at 20:47. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 62 Posts
    EP Points

If your computer is failing to boot, failing to update, or just overall experiencing constant application crashes, then it is probably time to just reinstall Windows from scratch rather then trying to troubleshoot the multitude of issues that may or may not be able to be tracked down.

Either use a disc (if your computer even has an optical drive) or better yet use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and make yourself a bootable USB drive. I assume there's nothing important on this machine if it's been sitting for two years so just boot the computer from USB, wipe the entire system drive, and reinstall from scratch. If it is still acting up after that then the issue likely stems from hardware, maybe a failing hard drive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Puppet View Post
    If your computer is failing to boot, failing to update, or just overall experiencing constant application crashes, then it is probably time to just reinstall Windows from scratch rather then trying to troubleshoot the multitude of issues that may or may not be able to be tracked down.

Either use a disc (if your computer even has an optical drive) or better yet use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and make yourself a bootable USB drive. I assume there's nothing important on this machine if it's been sitting for two years so just boot the computer from USB, wipe the entire system drive, and reinstall from scratch. If it is still acting up after that then the issue likely stems from hardware, maybe a failing hard drive.
    Well i try what you said and it still acting up i did remember something that my brother in law told me that the reason that my gaming laptop does not want to update is because the cpu is not strong enough would that be the case ????

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by adam4landry View Post
    Well i try what you said and it still acting up i did remember something that my brother in law told me that the reason that my gaming laptop does not want to update is because the cpu is not strong enough would that be the case ????
    No, Windows 10 will update on even weak CPUs. I may take a long time, but if the computer was able to run Windows 10 then it will be able to update it.

Did you actually do a full fresh install? It does not sound like you did. If you make a new USB boot drive using Microsoft Media Creation Tool it will include all the latest updates with the install so there will be no need to even do any major updates once it's finished.

Thanks

No, Windows 10 will update on even weak CPUs. I may take a long time, but if the computer was able to run Windows 10 then it will be able to update it.

Did you actually do a full fresh install? It does not sound like you did. If you make a new USB boot drive using Microsoft Media Creation Tool it will include all the latest updates with the install so there will be no need to even do any major updates once it's finished.
    I try that believe me i did and that what started the problem in the first place it started to update like i said after that it ask me to restart my computer so far the update went well however when it arrive at 46% the computer froze and it shutdown without warning so i try to started up again and a message appear and said i needed a recovery disc (witch i don't have) so i can't access my window option anymore i don't no what to do so now i left with two options #1: i get or build a gaming desktop or #2: i get myself a new gaming laptop.

Thanks
    EP Points

I try that believe me i did and that what started the problem in the first place it started to update like i said after that it ask me to restart my computer so far the update went well however when it arrive at 46% the computer froze and it shutdown without warning so i try to started up again and a message appear and said i needed a recovery disc (witch i don't have) so i can't access my window option anymore i don't no what to do so now i left with two options #1: i get or build a gaming desktop or #2: i get myself a new gaming laptop.

Yep, that likely means your operating system is corrupted. What is the brand and model number of your laptop? Usually you can download the recovery discs online from the manufacturer. Seems kind of silly to throw out a potentially working laptop if all it needs is an OS install.

If I may ask, what is your experience with installing operating systems? Just trying to get an idea of what information you would need.

Thanks

Red face

Yep, that likely means your operating system is corrupted. What is the brand and model number of your laptop? Usually you can download the recovery discs online from the manufacturer. Seems kind of silly to throw out a potentially working laptop if all it needs is an OS install.

If I may ask, what is your experience with installing operating systems? Just trying to get an idea of what information you would need.
    Okay here the specs of the gaming laptop

Asus Rog Model G73JW

Intel core i7-74OQM 1.73 gh

Nvidia Geforce gtx 460 1.5 gb

Ram 8gb

old os was window 7 premium

Now you ask if i have any experience installing operating systems i don't have any i'm afraid it belong to my brother in law he gave this to me as a Christmas present sorry.

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay here the specs of the gaming laptop

Asus Rog Model G73JW

Intel core i7-74OQM 1.73 gh

Nvidia Geforce gtx 460 1.5 gb

Ram 8gb

old os was window 7 premium

Now you ask if i have any experience installing operating systems i don't have any i'm afraid it belong to my brother in law he gave this to me as a Christmas present sorry.
    The manual for your laptop is here for ASUS.
    Starting at page 18 is what you will want to look at. Basically, tap the F9 key as you are powering on the laptop until a menu appears on the screen, then follow the instructions.

If that doesn't do anything, it's possible that the recovery partition might have been erased when Windows 10 was put on it. If that's the case, you will need to install from scratch. Find someone with a Windows 10 install DVD (or USB drive) and put it in the computer. As the computer powers on tap the ESC key instead of F9 and choose to boot from the CD/DVD drive in the menu that appears.

If you don't have or can't find anyone with an install DVD, then you can make one yourself with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool. Your brother in law might be able to help you out with this if he's the one who originally set i up.