Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: No more ISOs?

Thanks

So sad to see it go, there were so many games on here not found anywhere else, like Saturn, PSP and NGP Color.

There is a workaround but that doesn't last forever.

Thanks

Lightbulb Emuparadise, et al, future?

On a recent visit to the above website I found a notice that a particular game wasn't available. It had been in the past. I clicked on the ? and found an explanation as to what the reasoning might be.

It was preventative in nature and I can understand their concern. Sites like this are facing the same situation. At some point in the near or distant future the big name companies will have their sharks out looking to shut them down under fear of law suits.

Whether you agree with having these iso files available or not isn't the purpose of this post. I am just concerned because there are games that one is no longer able to acquire and in this regard Emuparadise provided a valuable purpose at no cost to the one who would download the file. I assume that they, obviously, had a large group of individuals who provided these isos to them also at no cost.

If the game companies want to proceed with this line of attack it is my opinion that they should make available those hard to get games at a considerably reduced price.

Just a thought on this and I hope the staff at Emuparadise find a means to continue providing those games which are no longer available.
    Last edited by CloudStrife48; 8th-August-2018 at 23:56. Reason: spelling correction

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Could you please PM me the workaround, I need a few more games, please

Thanks

I'm not worried about the ROMs, but what about the book/guide/magazine scans? Those are much harder to find elsewhere in an easy-to-search format.

Thanks

Yeah!

I sincerely hope someone managed to download backups of those scans

Thanks

Unhappy Is this really happening?

Was browsing GBATemp this morning and saw this post, saying the roms are gonna be leaving the site after 18 years... Praying it's not true. What do you guys think?

Screenshot (11).jpg

Screenshot (12).jpg

Thanks

It's true

After the recent lawsuits with LOVEroms, EP is removing every rom they have, which is a huge blow for gaming preservation (They even removed music and magazine scans), I don't know what the future holds but the future is looking rough for emulation.

Thanks

Default Can't you at least have the magazines and strategy guides back?

I don't think they make a copyright problem as much as games and mp3s do. Games can be reissued and music can be put into music streaming platforms, but magazines and guides that came out of print will never be reprinted again nor made officially available in a digital way.

Also, EP had some scans that are hard to find elsewhere.
    Last edited by calil_bfr; 9th-August-2018 at 06:14.

Thanks
    EP Points

Doubt it as Companies see that the Same as Roms

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I'm sad to see EP go. Because now, there's no point to the site even existing. Until the files come back, there's absolutely no benefit to be here.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalElf View Post
    Well, I'm sad to see EP go. Because now, there's no point to the site even existing. Until the files come back, there's absolutely no benefit to be here.
    People can still talk about Retro Games. Just can't download them here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalElf View Post
    It's great to have loyal members like you

Thanks
    EP Points

At least leave all the ROM names here, so we can look for them in other sites.

I don't agree with this decision if there were no legal issues. And even then, if were possible to evade this in TPB style, I would do it.

Why this BAN even in non-Nintendo ROMs? And for those saying torrent is an option, yeah, sure, when you find a seeder. Most private trackers don't let anyone in and public ones are beyond c.rap these days, you can't find anything in them.

I guess filesharing is dead, after Megaupload died things only got worse, and it takes 2-3 famous sites for the rest to follow.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Perene View Post

Why this BAN even in non-Nintendo ROMs?
    for your answer:
    I refer you to these parts of the notice and also ask to give thought on this in over 18 years do you think Nintendo was the only one giving problems also if Nintendo runs a successful reign of terror what's to keep sony/microsoft etc. from following suit

What you probably don't know is that we at EmuParadise have been dealing with similar issues for all 18 years of our existence.

From receiving threatening letters in the early days to our hosts suddenly shutting down our servers due to complaints, we've seen it all.

It's not worth it for us to risk potentially disastrous consequences.
    Read more at https://www.emuparadise.me/emuparadi...IuB7uWTBwSZ.99

Quote Originally Posted by Perene View Post
    And even then, if were possible to evade this in TPB style, I would do it.
    and to this I point you here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirate_Bay_trial just proving even TPB didn't completely evade.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.