Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: No more ISOs?

Thanks

Not quite related but I notice I don't recognize the forum logo, is that a new one? Cause it looks kinda nice

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lilia81 View Post
    Not quite related but I notice I don't recognize the forum logo, is that a new one? Cause it looks kinda nice
    Maybe, I always use the EPForums Classic theme. You can choose from many other themes using the drop down in the bottom left corner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Maybe, I always use the EPForums Classic theme. You can choose from many other themes using the drop down in the bottom left corner.
    Wow! Today I learned something new, Now I'm on the classic style myself XD

Thanks

Default Guide/game downloads

When are the downloads going to be available again?

Sent from my Studio XL 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    EP Points

Default I think it is a clear overreaction to remove all that you guys did.

You could have removed files most likely to get you in trouble, like you already did (removing all Mario games, for example). Or even if you removed everything but the rare games and BIOS files for old systems that are no longer supported (like 3DO, PC-FX, NeoGeo home console, Atari 2600, etc), it would be reasonable. But what has been done here is completely unreasonable. In fact, it has removed from existence many files that couldn't be found anywhere else. For example BIOS files for ColecoVision, CD-i, Macintosh Quadra, and even full sets of BIOS files for MAME and MESS. Also, you had ROMs and ISOs for official test software (software that was used internally by the actual console manufacturers and licensed repair facilities to test various game consoles), and these couldn't be found anywhere else on the internet, only being available at Emuparadise. But now they are gone from here, which means they are now GONE PERIOD.

That was an absolutely HORRIBLE thing to do. It was a complete overreaction as the result of the website admin's fear of getting sued.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    You could have removed files most likely to get you in trouble, like you already did (removing all Mario games, for example). Or even if you removed everything but the rare games and BIOS files for old systems that are no longer supported (like 3DO, PC-FX, NeoGeo home console, Atari 2600, etc), it would be reasonable. But what has been done here is completely unreasonable. In fact, it has removed from existence many files that couldn't be found anywhere else. For example BIOS files for ColecoVision, CD-i, Macintosh Quadra, and even full sets of BIOS files for MAME and MESS. Also, you had ROMs and ISOs for official test software (software that was used internally by the actual console manufacturers and licensed repair facilities to test various game consoles), and these couldn't be found anywhere else on the internet, only being available at Emuparadise. But now they are gone from here, which means they are now GONE PERIOD.

That was an absolutely HORRIBLE thing to do. It was a complete overreaction as the result of the website admin's fear of getting sued.
    You know what's completely unreasonable? People constantly complaining about downloads being removed.
    Most of those files were available for years. If they are truly forever lost that would mean every single person that downloaded them has deleted them.

Spoiler warning:

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

99% of people don't give a damn about preservation - just free games. DL has a point though, it's all still around..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    It was a complete overreaction as the result of the website admin's fear of getting sued.
    All that stuff is out there, on obscure torrents and such. You can catch it with a seedbox, push it onto a server and make your own website, with blackjack, and hookers.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    All that stuff is out there, on obscure torrents and such. You can catch it with a seedbox, push it onto a server and make your own website, with blackjack, and hookers.
    But won't I get sued?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    But won't I get sued?
    Yes.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    You know what's completely unreasonable? People constantly complaining about downloads being removed.
    Most of those files were available for years. If they are truly forever lost that would mean every single person that downloaded them has deleted them.
    Wrong. It wouldn't require people delete them for them to be lost. It would only require that people who have them don't upload them to any other website, or put them in a torrent. That still makes them lost files, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

No advertising allowed.

Thanks

Is there any way to copy Wii (U) Games ? I can't even detect it in my drive. I have an Wii U. How can I make safe-copys with my discs ? Any way without mod the console ?

It's very dificult to find german Zelda ISOs.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by emujuser View Post
    Is there any way to copy Wii (U) Games ? I can't even detect it in my drive. I have an Wii U. How can I make safe-copys with my discs ? Any way without mod the console ?

It's very dificult to find german Zelda ISOs.
    Yes, the Wii U is easily softmodded. Just follow the first 3 steps of this guide:
    https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

Step 6 sets you up to make backups of your physical discs. There are better ways to pirate games though *cough*WiiU_USB_Helper*cough*.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    No. The old tracker was flipped off in the end because it drew more heat than simply hosting the files. Torrents represent massive amounts of connections which can all be watched. They just have a "I didn't do nuffin" defense, which doesn't really work.
    They can't legally get you in trouble just for hosting a simple Torrent file, because a torrent by itself doesn't contain any copyrighted material, but rather is just a link to the copyrighted material that other people have on their own hard drives, or servers who are the ones hosting, and uploading them. You're only legally liable for copyrighted content if it's on YOUR hard drive, or server, and in this case Emuparadise's, and you're the ones uploading the content yourselves. Being the fact that you're not officially affiliated with the people who are actually hosting the copyrighted material on their hard drives, or servers then the legal responsibility falls on them, and not you guys. This is the same reason why they can't legally get people in trouble for streaming copyrighted music, and movies off of YouTube, and other websites etc on the internet, or using apps such as Show Box on their tablets, and smart phones to stream this copyrighted content, because there are laws in place that protect our rights to go on whatever websites we want, and to watch whatever we want on the internet that someone else is hosting, and uploading, all in the name of preventing censorship on the internet since censorship of any kind period is against the law. It's only illegal when you decide to download that music, or movies on your own hard drive, and you upload it to the internet, or host it on servers for other people to stream, or download. This is why all legal responsibility always falls on the people who are actually making it available to stream illegally, and never the actual streamers themselves. This is why you see streaming sites constantly shut down every day, yet no actual streamers themselves are ever legally in trouble for accessing these websites. So they can't legally get you in trouble for hosting torrents on Emuparadise simply because doing so would be like saying it's illegal to have a link to someone else's website hosting the illegal content, and they can't stop you from doing that because we can legally link to any website we damn well feel like. They may bully you, and send you frightening emails, and letters to try and scare you into thinking they can do all of these things, and has all of this power but in reality they can't actually do shit to you, and they don't actually have as much legal power as they want to trick the mass general population into believing they do. It's all just fear mongering which are mostly just empty threats at the end of the day. Preventing you from being able to link to other people's websites, or in this case hosting torrents which link to other people's computers, and servers is going beyond copyright, and is getting into censorship, and like I said above, censoring you is against the law as that is in a way infringing upon your freedom of speech, access, and availability. You have legal rights that they don't want you knowing about, and linking to someone else's website, and in this case, hosting a simple torrent file which links to other people's computers, servers, and websites is one of those rights. Most people have more legal rights then they're even aware of, and the same goes for you guys.
    Last edited by RedHoundFox; 15th-September-2018 at 22:02.
    -MalachiMaverick

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RedHoundFox For This Useful Post: