Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: No more ISOs?

Thanks
    EP Points

Even when that choice could be childish, I'll be doing it also.

Thanks

Given that I hadn't had a Nintendo system in ages and nothing about the Wii U or Switch interest me at all, then I;m in too.

Quote Originally Posted by tacotime View Post
    I kinda doubt it, loveroms seemed like a quick cash grab made by a bunch of idiots, thats why they had exe downloaders. Either way, nothing of terrible value of lost - they didn't have that big of a backlog. It is strange how it didn't go viral, normally news sites love this shit.

Imagine being this disrespectful to people that dedicated their time to serve spoiled brats like you. This is why the scene is dying. I don't think i've read anything more retarded in my life.

Totally agree, just cause we don't have roms doesn't mean EP will just die out (fact even with less traffic it means lower costs so that wouldn't even kill it), We've proven ourselves dedicated in this and we won't just let this stop that, falling apart in the process. GBAtemp was in a similar situation and its still alive and its a little younger than EP (not by much if I remember right).

Oh and speaking of, I mentioned doing a drawing, well I finished and posted a thread about it now. Not sure if its any good, stress from heatwaves, moving, and all kinds of stuff make it tricky, but I gave it my all.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 12th-August-2018 at 11:02.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default How we can bring EP back....

Hi, what happened to EP is something terrible something very bad for gaming in general and for game preservation... The amount of games we just lost it's insane... I'm not talking about the Snes library that most of the people we already have the whole library in our computers and those roms they are gonna be safe forever because no one can take away the over 1865 Snes Games with all their variations and fans translations. Those games are gonna be safe and from other system as well...

But what happen with all the games that they are not as popular as snes catalogue like MSX, Amiga, M.A.M.E...games that they never were available on any platform, do you know how many games that you only can play them in M.A.M.E never ever were available on any platform???

And If they killed that they are killing gaming history and gaming preservation and there's no way we can tolerate that.... we need to find a way around... a way around laws a way around everything a way no one can get their hands on it.

I remember 20 years ago the WAR we had with MP3 and music industry in general.... back in the days youtube wasn't a thing... internet was very slow and the thing was Napster... and they killed Napster...

Maybe we need to bring Napster or something like that... a service where the roms are not uploaded, where the roms don't have links, where the roms are not in a place they can killed, maybe we should bring back a p2p program and bring EP back to life but in a way they can't touch it... what happen if EP instead of being a physical place you can kill... become a p2p service and the roms are spread over thousands of computers... our computers and computers all over the world... they can't kill that... they can't touch that... they are not gonna come to our houses one by one to shut down our computers.... the more people we are the harder will be to shut down the system... the idea behind is you can kill basically what is all over the world, you kill what is everywhere....I think what happened to EP was because EP was very visible was something you could target was something you could take down...but what I'm proposing it's something for Roms future that any company will never be able to take down. I don't know if P2P will be the best way to approach this.... it's just an example... the idea behind is we have to get the Roms back, they need to be all over instead of in one place someone can take down... how are we gonna do it? it has to be a new app, torrents, p2p, or any other service in order to spread the roms...

What do you think?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DelilahTw For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Where Download (german) ISOs

So, now...where do you donload (safe) german ISO ? No Problems to find english ones.

Other question: Can I make ISOs from my PS2 games for using it with PCSX2 ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by emujuser View Post
    So, now...where do you donload (safe) german ISO ? No Problems to find english ones.
    If you can't find what you need on other sites, torrents or whatever then post a request in the relevant sticky request thread in the forums. There are other German speaking members and maybe they can share something idk.

Quote Originally Posted by emujuser View Post
    Other question: Can I make ISOs from my PS2 games for using it with PCSX2 ?
    If you have retail PSX or PS2 discs just pop them in your PC optical drive and create a backup image.
    Please note that some PAL PSX games have copy protection, but depending on how you want to use the backup that information may not be important anyway.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Here's an idea: upload all contents from the site (and I really mean ALL of them) elsewhere (in a torrent, perhaps?) and once someone grabs the whole thing let that person creates a new site to share these contents.

Do it once and let the seeders continue sharing.

Or take the necessary measures to ensure you won't be closed whenever Nintendo or some other a.sshole wants. The ones I mentioned before. Or create a new site, with a new name, and the same contents. Lay low for a while, don't tell anyone, and this site will grow in time. No one will even know it's you.

The problem with these sites (like TehParadox, which is now gone after many years) is that no one is doing a backup of anything.

For God sakes, people: DO AN ONLINE BACKUP of everything YOU CAN. It's free. The only issue might be your ISP upload speeds.

And choose the right places to do it, never use Dropbox, Mega.nz or any other shithole that can not only monitor ALL YOUR ACTIVITIES and delete your accounts/files suddenly (for no reason AT ALL), it can also be gone for any motive, such as bankruptcy:
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....63#post1926663

Stop using external drives for storage, this crap is sooner or later going to break and you are going to lose everything.

Anyway... I wish this site well. Just remember, if there isn't any careful planning to make sure you aren't going to be crushed by this mafia running the entertainment industry then it's only a matter of time. It's not just Nintendo.

Don't ever think that. The video game industry made twice as much money in 2013 than did the film industry. Do you think this is just from them?

These people are relentless. You need to outsmart them, and evade their attempts to bring you down.
    Last edited by Perene; 12th-August-2018 at 15:11.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hard drives are fine if you know how to manage such things effectively.
    I've been using them for longer than some members have been alive and haven't had all the many drive failures tbh. Most of the time it will be an OS drive in a PC that dies, not a disconnected drive that is rarely accessed simply for storing data.

There aren't any "right places" online to save things. Any place can remove content at some point if they even suspect there's copyright infringement going on.
    You think google doesn't look at your stuff if you make it private?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Hard drives are fine if you know how to manage such things effectively.
    I've been using them for longer than some members have been alive and haven't had all the many drive failures tbh. Most of the time it will be an OS drive in a PC that dies, not a disconnected drive that is rarely accessed simply for storing data.

There aren't any "right places" online to save things. Any place can remove content at some point if they even suspect there's copyright infringement going on.
    You think google doesn't look at your stuff if you make it private?
    No one has any privacy in Google, Facebook or anywhere else on the internet. If there's any doubt how Big Brother is pervasive these days:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...idge/98865598/

The point I am trying to make is that:

- Google does not remove anything for inactivity. There's a setting for that, you have to enable it in your account (and it's for the deceased). Microsoft, Mega.nz, Dropbox and similar sites all had/have (in their TOS) clearly stated that if you don't download at least once every X days (or months, years...) any of your files, or log into your account, then the whole thing is ERASED/disabled for good. I discovered accounts and files from 5, 6 years that I didn't even remember existed, they were stored in Google Drive. This I never found in ANY other.

All of them (compared to Google) may all of sudden close due to financial issues or the mafia running the entertainment industry may lead to that. You'll have to agree with me the chances are 1 in a trillion that Google changes what I just said because things aren't going well.

Can Dropbox beat this?

Microsoft maintained its No. 3 position as the world's most valuable company Wednesday, after surpassing Google's parent company Alphabet in market value just the day before.

At the end of trading, Microsoft's market value was $760 billion, holding off Alphabet, whose market value was $746 billion. Only Apple and Amazon.com are worth more, at $922 billion and $788 billion, respectively. The ballooning valuations have fueled speculation as to which U.S. tech company will be the first to reach a $1 trillion-market cap. (Amazon chief executive Jeffrey P. Bezos owns The Washington Post.)

And if you compare Google Drive with Youtube it's very clear Youtube causes major losses, and over time they decided to spend more money paying for hosting and content creators. This is the number 1 reason to not store any of your files elsewhere, there's no competition. Not even in Apple, the "first trillion dollar company", since the latter only cares about profit, not users wishes, and Google doesn't make most of its money from Android devices.

BTW, Microsoft reduced OneDrive's default storage (for free users, at least) recently. I have multiple Google Drive accounts and haven't lost a single file in years. Most of them are copyrighted (and not illegal to be there, the law allows me to create 1 copy for private use).

And why they were not disabled? Because I haven't share them. They are all semi-private (or private). "Public" is the option that would make these contents to be found. Meaning I am the only know who knows where they are, and that they exist. (or the people whom I shared the link)

That's not all: if I am hit with a DMCA request to remove a link I shared elsewhere, if I am the owner of that content I may download (logged, of course) to my PC and change a tiny information in it (hash), and reupload it.
    https://torrentfreak.com/google-driv...rated-content/

You'll never see this with ANY OTHER SERVER. They will delete the content right away once notified with a DMCA takedown request. And you, the owner, won't be able to download back to your Hard Drive, remove the infringing link (disabled to be shared) and reupload by changing some minor detail that allows the thing to be shared again.

You mentioned physical media. DVDs, Blu-rays, pendrives, hard drives... they may all last for decades, if you take care. But I always had one of each that without any warning (and not due to I being clumsy) stopped working or the contents stored in them were corrupted. Hard Drives will likely fail within 5, 6 years. I had a 750 GB Samsung that only stopped working after I sent to a company to install new hardware. Someone touched the old Hard Drive (that wasn't going to fail according to HDTune) and 1, 2 days later what I had there was gone.

All of them are very unreliable. And expensive. I wouldn't trust any document to be stored in them even if I had the money to buy many units. Some accident can destroy my stuff. Hard Drives are also very hard (if not impossible) to recover (once they die), and the recovery can cost more than a new drive.

Why would I waste any time storing anything (not just roms) in physical media, when I can use (and for free) a 15 GB account from a company that has an entire building/complex hardware ready to preserve these files?

Sure, you may lose something due to a failure in their servers, this may happen, too. But it's very unlikely.

And since we are talking about backup: did you know that what made The Pirate Bay return after the 2006 raid was exactly that?

https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-...rs-old-180810/

(...)

Just as the raid was about to go down, Gottfrid noticed that something was up. He warned Fredrik who, as a precaution, decided to make a backup. This turned out to be a pivotal moment in the site’s history. Because of this backup, Fredrik and the rest of the Pirate Bay team managed to resurrect the site within three days.

I wouldn't trust Google not to look into my stuff. The thing is, they have millions of users. Looking manually into each one of the accounts is impossible. They are not used to remove contents without a good reason, such as others complaining about, or in the case of Youtube when what you post is public and may not only seen by users, the mods will use advanced tools to try identifying what kind of content is. The so called "content ID".

It can identify what words are said in a video, if it matches with a copyright work, etc. This "content ID" is not available in Google Drive.

I had what you suggest happening with me in archive.org, which can be used to store contents, too, but the moderators removed my pages once I uploaded a malware to my account (this automatically disables the entire link, no matter what else is stored). I didn't know there was one, it was hidden in a saved website. After that the admins/mods looked into what I had in my other pages.

You can create a Google Drive account, store the files there, click on logout and never return to use any Google service.

Years later the files will still be available.
    Last edited by Perene; 12th-August-2018 at 22:13.

Thanks
    EP Points

You can't assume the whole world has the same laws and restrictions.
    "1 copy for private use" isn't legal here where I am, although people don't get dragged through the courts for copying things for their own use. If they're caught trying to sell copies then yes they're in serious trouble.

Anyway, I trust myself more than any cloud service. If a HDD starts failing then I can at least try to rescue some data. But if it's on a remote server somewhere and I'm denied access what am I going to do?

Like all the main site downloads here. Plenty of people thought they could keep downloading that stuff over and over for years, but now they can't and they wished they had saved it all instead of deleting it to make space. Oh yeah I can delete that I'll just download it again later if I want to.

If you want to save stuff then save it and have your own library, not remote access that may or may not be safe. Don't rely on other people.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Perene View Post
    Here's an idea: upload all contents from the site (and I really mean ALL of them) elsewhere (in a torrent, perhaps?) and once someone grabs the whole thing let that person creates a new site to share these contents.

Do it once and let the seeders continue sharing.

Or take the necessary measures to ensure you won't be closed whenever Nintendo or some other a.sshole wants. The ones I mentioned before. Or create a new site, with a new name, and the same contents. Lay low for a while, don't tell anyone, and this site will grow in time. No one will even know it's you.

The problem with these sites (like TehParadox, which is now gone after many years) is that no one is doing a backup of anything.

For God sakes, people: DO AN ONLINE BACKUP of everything YOU CAN. It's free. The only issue might be your ISP upload speeds.

Don't ever think that. The video game industry made twice as much money in 2013 than did the film industry. Do you think this is just from them?

These people are relentless. You need to outsmart them, and evade their attempts to bring you down.
    I don't think a lack of backups is what caused the roms to disappear...I think any Sysop (or, anyone managing a website for that matter) knows how imperative backups are.
    Also, throwing all the contents of EP on p2p would be a mixed bag -- a complete GCN collection is about 1TB, and thats like a sixth of the ps2 library. Don't think it would go anywhere.
    However, it is possibly already to download complete collections of console games- look up no-intro and get your fix from there.

One point I will respectfully disagree with you on is that I don't think the EP admins got outplayed by nintendo. They've been around for almost two decades at this point, i'm sure they know what they were doing and knew when to back out. All good things come to an end eventually I guess, especially in "grey-area" sites like this.

Thanks

Default What happened to the dreamcast Iso's?

The iso files appear to be gone,are you guys gonna shut down or make a new site or what? i hope you aint shutting down this is a very good site that i have been using forever

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Codebreakers View Post
    The iso files appear to be gone,are you guys gonna shut down or make a new site or what? i hope you aint shutting down this is a very good site that i have been using forever
    https://www.emuparadise.me/emuparadise-changing.php

Also it's all over youtube just type emuparadise into the search bar

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Game over. Even the BBC are reporting about this.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45169817

Guys, you'll have to go somewhere else. This place is toast.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a suggestion, when Ep goes in a new direction. Make it a members only site, to gain access.
    This will help keep away unwanted traffic.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tacotime View Post
    One point I will respectfully disagree with you on is that I don't think the EP admins got outplayed by nintendo. They've been around for almost two decades at this point, i'm sure they know what they were doing and knew when to back out. All good things come to an end eventually I guess, especially in "grey-area" sites like this.
    I didn't mean they were. What I said is this: we need to be understand that anyone who wants to start a website (no matter the contents - roms, movies, books, songs...) should NEVER FOLLOW WHAT THE LAW SAYS (or what U.S. laws dictate).

It's essential the owners remain anonymous and use whatever means necessary to make sure the site stays alive. Using servers from a country that has a better legal prospect is just one of the many things the admins need to do.

Just like TPB, Libgen and many others have done, and that's the reason they are still there. The thing is, no one is doing any of that stuff, until it's too late.

Also, history has proven that ALL sites that decided to take down their own contents by following the DMCA have been closed later (Megaupload was one of them) since for these companies (not just Nintendo) removing a few links was never enough. The main goal is to remove them completely.

This is what these people do:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_O%27Dwyer

"The site did not host any infringing media, but American authorities said it contained indexed links to media hosted on other sites, and defined it as a "linking" website."

Can you believe this was enough for them to extradite him from the UK to the U.S? Obviously the guy was used as an example, to scare everyone else.

"The case was solved after he agreed to pay a fine of £20,000 and remain in contact with a US correctional officer over the next six months. In return, the United States would drop all charges."

This could be avoided if he were more concerned about hiding (and doing all he could do keep the site alive).

The idea behind using servers from some obscure european country is to buy time. If you aren't able to say "the hell with DMCA", then it's a matter of time before your site is permanently closed and you are sent to jail.

It's quite simple.

Listen: I am not saying that if this is done things will go well forever. The Pirate Bay lost their .SE domain, for example. But how long did it take? TPB is perhaps the most blocked website in the world.

15 years after its creation it's still there.

I don't know if Emuparadise or similar sites could resist for that long. Since money isn't an issue for Nintendo, Sony and others, it's likely they would do all they can no matter where the site is hosted or where the admins are. If they are going to succeed in all cases it's impossible to know.

What you are ignoring is the fact these sites that were "busted" for hosting roms haven't done all they could to prevent this from happening.

If hosting all the files is a bad idea, why not change it so the contents are in torrents instead? If Emuparadise only has such links it would be harder for them to take down.

Or perhaps if the downloads are all available in the forum instead of the main page?

The idea of hiding Emuparadise from being indexed by Google is also very good. And to make it only accessible for members who create an account.
    Last edited by Perene; 13th-August-2018 at 22:22.