Thread: Need help with PSX ISOs

Thanks

Exclamation Need help with PSX ISOs

Whenever I download an ISO for the Playstation, its usually a .rar file with many .bin files. What I would like to know is how do I go about using these files? Do I even have to unpack the archive? Also I will be using the ePSXe emulator on Android and I need an emulator recommendation for Windows. I know this isn't related but how do I go about emulating a game like Final Fantasy VII where there is more than 1 disc?

Thanks
    EP Points

There shouldn't be many games with multiple bin files - I remember one of our Castlevania sotn ones had a couple bins in which case just run from the cue file.

You can just use epsxe for windows too. On windows switching a disc you can just hit escape and goto file =>switch disc. With Final Fantasy games you can save at the disc transition too so you could just exit out completely and load the 2nd/3rd/4th disc and load that interim save and do it that way too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    There shouldn't be many games with multiple bin files - I remember one of our Castlevania sotn ones had a couple bins in which case just run from the cue file.

You can just use epsxe for windows too. On windows switching a disc you can just hit escape and goto file =>switch disc. With Final Fantasy games you can save at the disc transition too so you could just exit out completely and load the 2nd/3rd/4th disc and load that interim save and do it that way too.
    So I should keep all the files from the archive right? Thanks a lot and also thanks for the recommendation