Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Nintendo Switch

Hello guys!

Have you tried it already? What do you think? I have some doubts about it, but it seems like my dream console

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meerdesch For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yuzu is looking better everyday

Thanks
    EP Points

yes I have tried it, It came out 17 months ago. I also own it, I like it.
    You have doubts, but also its your dream?
    You should buy it, if you like Nintendo. You will like the Switch

Thanks

Default Nintendo Switch

Although I haven't touch or play a nintendo switch yet, I think it's very great to play with it based on the positive reviews on social media platforms.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you, this should be useful for me too.
    I'm saving (not as much as I should actually) to buy Switch at the end of the year, but I'm not really inspired by its games as a Wii U owner. Odyssey looks awesome, Xenoblade 2 seems marvelous and the new Smash Bros is huge, but I'm not really into indie games and I'm afraid I'll leave it turned off much of the time.
    Yeah, maybe the new Pokémon game listed for next year will make me change my mind...

Thanks
    EP Points

Same here. I just got to try one out (meaning more than just playing a bit of Odyssey) recently and I'm more hyped about it than ever. And I saw a video recently that saw that it can be used with CRT tv's with a bit of help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZjzdWcPDmo

Connecting Nintendo Switch via Composite AV to OLD CRT Television (big thanks to the guy who made this video)
    Last edited by FrozenMario; 4th-September-2018 at 02:01.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMario View Post
    Same here. I just got to try one out (meaning more than just playing a bit of Odyssey) recently and I'm more hyped about it than ever. And I saw a video recently that saw that it can be used with CRT tv's with a bit of help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZjzdWcPDmo

Connecting Nintendo Switch via Composite AV to OLD CRT Television (big thanks to the guy who made this video)
    That's pretty cool. I wish I still had a CRT TV, sigh. Bought a Monitor TV by Samsung but it lacks the earphones jack. If I buy Switch I'll definetely play it only in handheld mode unless I buy a new TV too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    That's pretty cool. I wish I still had a CRT TV, sigh. Bought a Monitor TV by Samsung but it lacks the earphones jack. If I buy Switch I'll definetely play it only in handheld mode unless I buy a new TV too.
    Yea it is. Glad the option is there. Ah. I'll probably be using the handheld mode more often as well. I just got a Blackweb HDMI to composite AV adapter today, but I'll have to try to test it out via my Wii U to see if it works ok. Read some iffy reviews on it, so I want to make sure the one I have will work out. If not, I'll be taking it back in for a refund.

Also got to play a bit more with the Switch at Walmart. Played as Koopa, using Link's bike. Came in first this time!
    Last edited by FrozenMario; 4th-September-2018 at 22:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yea it is. Glad the option is there. Ah. I'll probably be using the handheld mode more often as well. I just got a Blackweb HDMI to composite AV adapter today, but I'll have to try to test it out via my Wii U to see if it works ok. Read some iffy reviews on it, so I want to make sure the one I have will work out. If not, I'll be taking it back in for a refund.

Also got to play a bit more with the Switch at Walmart. Played as Koopa, using Link's bike. Came in first this time!
    Hope it works fine. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, that's another must buy for me. Of course I already have the Wii U game I've spent so many hours on, but I think the new version will get DLC sometime and I don't want to miss any new content.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Moana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hope it works fine. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, that's another must buy for me. Of course I already have the Wii U game I've spent so many hours on, but I think the new version will get DLC sometime and I don't want to miss any new content.
    Thanks, I hope so too. It'll be frustrating if it doesn't work via the Wii U. But it's better to test it now just to be sure.

Yea I was originally on the fence about it, but after trying it out, I've come around. Good point there.

Got to try out the new Kirby game today via Best Buy. It was really fun and the controls were pretty easy to learn. Went there for some Pokemon Codes and got to relax a bit and game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks, I hope so too. It'll be frustrating if it doesn't work via the Wii U. But it's better to test it now just to be sure.

Yea I was originally on the fence about it, but after trying it out, I've come around. Good point there.

Got to try out the new Kirby game today via Best Buy. It was really fun and the controls were pretty easy to learn. Went there for some Pokemon Codes and got to relax a bit and game.
    Right. Actually I'm not a big fan of Kirby but it's good to know 2D platforms are still alive.

Thanks
    EP Points

Right. Actually I'm not a big fan of Kirby but it's good to know 2D platforms are still alive.
    Ah. Yea it's nice to see that they are.

Got an update on the AV to Hdmi adapter: Just tried it out tonight via my Wii U and it worked. Only switched out the adapters USB cable with the one that came with the Wii U since it was a better cable and used some store bought HDMI cables and some composite ones and was pleasantly surprised. Both sound and picture were good. So onto getting the Switch. Planning on moving onto a better one in the future (av to hdmi box wise), but this one works ok for the time being.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah. Yea it's nice to see that they are.

Got an update on the AV to Hdmi adapter: Just tried it out tonight via my Wii U and it worked. Only switched out the adapters USB cable with the one that came with the Wii U since it was a better cable and used some store bought HDMI cables and some composite ones and was pleasantly surprised. Both sound and picture were good. So onto getting the Switch. Planning on moving onto a better one in the future (av to hdmi box wise), but this one works ok for the time being.
    Happy to hear that. Well done!
    I forgot to mention another great game I would like to try and I'm actually drooling thinking about how beautiful it must be on a CRT TV: Octopath Traveler.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey guys, may I ask you how much does Switch cost in USA? And what is the lowest price at which you have seen it?
    Here in my country, at the current exchange rate, the official price is 387,85 $ (the Switch alone). One of the biggest chain stores has sold Switch in bundle with Super Mario Odyssey at 320,94 $. That's the lowest price I remember.
    What about USA?

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey guys, may I ask you how much does Switch cost in USA? And what is the lowest price at which you have seen it?
    Here in my country, at the current exchange rate, the official price is 387,85 $ (the Switch alone). One of the biggest chain stores has sold Switch in bundle with Super Mario Odyssey at 320,94 $. That's the lowest price I remember.
    What about USA?
    The Switch is currently being sold for $299.99 USD by itself here in the USA. I think some bundles exist. I assume it will drop in price once the holidays are in full swing.