Thread: Storing Wii games

Thanks

Question Storing Wii games

So when Ragnar puts up a wii game, its in two parts.

The two parts make up less than a gig, I'm assuming going through the process would equal its normal file size, but I got curious.

Could I theoretically just get the parts without doing the steps, store it on my storage account, then download them again when I want to use them on an External hard drive? or would it not work doing that, Cause when repaired Wii files are huge, but If i can store these I could store alot of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Mario All-Stars compresses right down to a tiny size, but that's because the games on that disc are really old classics. Yes a lot of games are nearly full DVD5 and some are nearly full DVD9 but there aren't all that many of the latter tbh.
    You can scrub images to reduce size but for myself I've nearly always kept the update there (unless I got an odd dump with it removed already) and then just used 7zip ultra compression.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lilia81 View Post
    So when Ragnar puts up a wii game, its in two parts.

The two parts make up less than a gig, I'm assuming going through the process would equal its normal file size, but I got curious.

Could I theoretically just get the parts without doing the steps, store it on my storage account, then download them again when I want to use them on an External hard drive? or would it not work doing that, Cause when repaired Wii files are huge, but If i can store these I could store alot of them.
    I've never used any of that par stuff myself so not sure. I'd wait until he answers, but I would assume if you grabbed everything and whatever extra blocks he has in any given upload of his just in case, it would be generally ok to leave it that way until you're ready to extract and play. Or you could put it together and compress it yourself like DL said and store it that way too. Storage doesn't matter you can download it whenever you want to whatever you want.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Cause when repaired Wii files are huge, but If i can store these I could store alot of them.
    You can just extract the iso files, and then use something like Wii Backup Manager to convert the games over WBFS files. That's a perfectly usable format, which will be nearly identical in size to my compressed games. That's how I keep the games I'm playing.
    Or of course you can just mirror the Mega files with a few clicks, and then upload the appropriate par2 file for the game to your account. I've named all my files so they're somewhat tidy when piling up an entire folder full of them like that.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    You can just extract the iso files, and then use something like Wii Backup Manager to convert the games over WBFS files. That's a perfectly usable format, which will be nearly identical in size to my compressed games. That's how I keep the games I'm playing.
    Or of course you can just mirror the Mega files with a few clicks, and then upload the appropriate par2 file for the game to your account. I've named all my files so they're somewhat tidy when piling up an entire folder full of them like that.
    Ah I gotcha, Well one reason I ask is cause my internal storage is limited (less than 3gigs), and I can't get an external drive for another few months, and some wii games are huge (smash bros brawl is like 6-8 gigs), So theres that. I store these on Mega but new users are limited to 15g after the month, I don't get a drive until long after that.

I also notice the links in the second txt, I won't send it for site rules, but do I just get all of them or a certain amount? Cause I check one and its arouond 400 MB so I'm not sure how big that'll end up being (there are 12 links for the game I'm testing it with)

Thanks
    EP Points

I also notice the links in the second txt, I won't send it for site rules, but do I just get all of them or a certain amount? Cause I check one and its arouond 400 MB so I'm not sure how big that'll end up being (there are 12 links for the game I'm testing it with)
    You need every single part. The games are big, and simply split into smaller chunks to make them a bit more manageable.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

You need every single part. The games are big, and simply split into smaller chunks to make them a bit more manageable.
    Gotcha, Figured as much, though since those are hosted on Mega I can at least import it

Thanks

Wait so is Quickpar safe? It got blocked by Malwarebytes wanting to avoid me getting it when I tried to download it.

Thanks
    EP Points

WTF. Yes Quickpar is safe. It's existed unchanged for nigh 20 years.

Edit: Perhaps Google didn't drop you on the right program, here:
    http://www.quickpar.org.uk/Download.htm

Thanks

Gotcha, I could try that, I also looked at multipar too, though i went to the .eu site and got a zip, didn't realize it was a malicious site till after, Didn't open it but i hope I didn't mess something up

Currently scanning with Malwarebytes though I wonder if its one of those sites that spam an IP address or something.

Thanks
    EP Points

Multipar is fine too, either will work.

Thanks

WTF. Yes Quickpar is safe. It's existed unchanged for nigh 20 years.

Edit: Perhaps Google didn't drop you on the right program, here:
    http://www.quickpar.org.uk/Download.htm
    Opened the link and tried to download and got the same thing, having trouble sending screenshots but its the "Malwarebytes blocked this page due to reputation" thing

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

Might just be a false positive then, The Browser extension for MB sometimes does that, But I did get the download for MultiPar so theres that (and not from the .eu site this time)