Thread: Can't get controller to work

Thanks

Default Can't get controller to work

I downloaded PCSX2 last week, got the BIOS in and the game I wanted, which opens fine. I'm stuck at the controller part. I don't know what to do to make it work. I have tried my Dualshock 3 and 4 controllers and both are picked up by the emulator but since I can't actually get my DS3 to work even on steam where my DS4 works automatically I just want to get the DS4 working.

It works automatically when plugged in for Steam, works fine when tested on the laptop in Set up USB game controllers and in Config - Controllers (PAD) - Plugin Settings and in the LilyPad 0.11.0 (ld) Settings screen that comes up, DX Wireless Controller appears in the Device Diagnostics box. When I click Test Device the they react on the buttons list. I feel I must be close but I need help Can anybody help me get up and running? I already posted on the PCSX2 forums several days ago and I got no replies so by now I'm pretty frustrated

Thanks
    EP Points

Make sure you have DirectInput checked, not XInput. Do buttons react when you try to map them?

If nothing else helps, try using Xpadder or JoyToKey.

Thanks

Thanks for replying I see DirectInput in three boxes, Keyboard API, Mouse API and Game Device APIS. I assume you mean the last one so I unchecked XInput and now I have DirectInput and Monitor when in background checked in that box. Are there any other adjustments I should make in this screen?

As for mapping, that's what Pad 1 and Pad 2 are for right? In both of those, I have nothing at all in the left side box. What are I doing wrong?

Thanks
    EP Points

At the top in config/controller/plugin settings you'll have 3 tabs - general/pad 1/pad 2

click pad 1 then click each button on the big right box and then the corresponding button on your pad - manually set every button and hit apply then ok and you should be good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Macha View Post
    Thanks for replying I see DirectInput in three boxes, Keyboard API, Mouse API and Game Device APIS. I assume you mean the last one so I unchecked XInput and now I have DirectInput and Monitor when in background checked in that box. Are there any other adjustments I should make in this screen?
    No, you're good to go.

As for mapping, that's what Pad 1 and Pad 2 are for right?
    Right.

In both of those, I have nothing at all in the left side box. What are I doing wrong?
    Click on the field with a button (Up, Down, Square, Triangle, etc.) then press the corresponding button on your gamepad. If you do it right, you'll see the text on the left changing and/or adding new lines.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to daky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm up and running! Controller is now perfect. Thanks Zaladane and daky!