Thread: Asus windows 10 smashing my wifi

Thanks

Default Asus windows 10 smashing my wifi

Hi guys a while back i got this asus laptop smart pretty fast once i removed ll the bloatware, there alot of stuf online about windows 10. So now it pretty much doing what i need performing as i need.

However i have this one remaining issue everything I log unto our wifi at home it basically hogs it all ie all other devices on the wifi start buffering. What strange is it dosnt matter if im dont even have a browser window open all i have to do it be connected, which leads me t believe there is a background program i missed when doing the whole metered connection thing.

I cant even log into my gmail, without my mates shouting at me because their iTv is buffering, on my old laptop i could do anything and it had no effect onn other people ( none noticeable )
    Even when I am online, the browser is slow. There must be something i missed a program, maybe you can set a router to allocate bandwidth and vice versa ? i dont know?

Im pretty clueless when it comes to these things so ay response would be appreciated even if you think its basic and "im sure he tried that"

Thanks

It actually sounds more like your laptop is flooding your router on all ports. Or you have torrents running in the background.

Try downloading a program called "Net Balancer" - get the 64 bit version. Run it and see what it says. It should list literally every bit of data coming across your line linked to every running process.
    You can manually throttle any program with it.

If it doesn't show *any* use, I'm less sure. You might try to set your firewall to block all outgoing ports except for port 80 and port 443. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please post back.

Thanks

Hey there thanks for the belated response,

no torrents running ( that i know og ) lol.
    The net balancer suggestion sounds good this is a option i have not looked into mainly because i know very little about ports and all that.
    And then subsequently blocking ports with my firewall...Definitely gonna look into it i will post back here. Thanks Mario.

Thanks

ly come right by the program you recommended downloading,ive tried to use ctr alt delete and then networking tab to try see if i could find any network sapping resources it didnt tell my untrained eye much. I set the firewall to block ports exept the two you mentioned and 25 seems like the wifi isnt bogging down as much but im definitely still slow. It has only been a hour since im waiting for the yells from the other rooms.

I should just get my own wifi and router.