Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corrupt Iso?

Thanks
    EP Points

MGS2 (still have it) is definitly an iso. Pretty sure all our games here are either iso or img with the occasional cd based PS2 game being a bin. Virtual drive should work and also if it's burned correctly but simply running it through PCSXs file system is probably the best way to go.

The reason I asked for a screenshot is to see if he "unpacked" the iso itself - only other thing I can think of (again lol) is that maybe his PCSX2 settings are wonky - from another game perhaps and a reset to default settings or a reinstall of PCSX2 may work.

Also to cover all bases I want to make sure that he has the BIOS file for the PS2 and that it's in the correct folder.

Edit: the game themselves work (although I only tested mgs2) it's just something very simple somewhere that we're overlooking. Hell I used winrar to extract and it worked fine.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 11th-July-2018 at 00:26.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Can you post a screenshot of what you end up with after extracting?

Only other thing I can think of is to run pcsx2 as Administrator.
    pic.PNG

this is what i get after extracting

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, that is exactly what I was getting when I test unpacked both the games with 7Zip but PeaZip does that without issue.

How, exactly, are you using the unpacked ISO files with PCSX2? Are you burning them to disc or loading the ISO directly?

As said I've not used PCSX2 myself so this is the tutorial I used as reference:-

https://fantasyanime.com/emuhelp/pcsx2

Zaladane mentions checking the BIOS is in the correct place and by inference that the correct regional BIOS is being used. So I'd definitely check that too.

Thanks

I know the BIOS itself works because I was able to play marvel vs capcom 2, though I guess doing a reinstall of PCXS2 wouldn't hurt.

Also, I usually just load the isos directly, would mounting make a difference?

Edit: I've reinstalled PCXS2 and it hasn't made a difference
    Last edited by Greg Heffley; 13th-July-2018 at 16:28.

Thanks
    EP Points

Again, I'm going by just what I've read are you sure Marvel vs Capcom 2 is definitely US NTSC. The BIOS being apparently regional it must match the game so is there any chance of mismatch of BIOS/game region? I doubt it from what you've said but I've run out of ideas for what the problem might be.

As Zaladane said he's tested the MGS2 download on his system and it unpacked correctly and worked so we know the download is good for that game. If you've reinstalled PCSX2 and it still won't play either game then what's left that it could be? Sorry but I just do not know.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think the problem is with the 7Zip unpacking. 'Greg' has already been advised to use either WinRAR or PeaZip, as alternatives in this specific case. Like that universal extractor ^, neither have any reported problem unpacking either of the two games' ISOs.

Whatever the problem is it is not, or should not be, with the unpacking unless for some reason 'Greg' has continued trying to use the 7Zip extracted ISOs rather than those done with PeaZip or another program.